Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/03/21 03:40 PM

Love me some fried shrimp!
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/03/21 04:19 PM

Excellent cheers
Posted By: texfork

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/03/21 06:17 PM

It is one of my favorite places also . Especially drinks and appetizer's.
Posted By: MClark

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/03/21 08:16 PM

We have a Pappadeaux here in Phoenix, place is always busy.
Places with Cajun style are few in this area.
I like it.

M
Posted By: ErikL

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/03/21 08:36 PM

i like the blackened redfish with dirty rice, a couple of swamp things, and banana pudding for dessert. that's my goto.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/03/21 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by ErikL
i like the blackened redfish with dirty rice, a couple of swamp things, and banana pudding for dessert. that's my goto.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/04/21 03:31 PM

I always get the lobster bisque.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/04/21 04:17 PM

If you have never had their blackened shrimp and crawfish fondue with toasted French bread you are really missing out...I always add oysters to mine
Posted By: nyalubwe

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/04/21 04:50 PM

I had the gator at the one in San Antonio...yummmmmmm
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/04/21 05:23 PM

Crawfish trio for me. One of my favorite meals.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/04/21 05:43 PM

My Wife and I were talking about Pappadeaux's just last night. Need to go. Catfish Opelousas. food food food
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/04/21 05:54 PM

I went once and not that impressed. I ordered shrimp and got mostly french fries and a small loaf of bread. I had rather fix it myself.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/04/21 07:09 PM

portions there are typically extremely generous
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/04/21 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba
My Wife and I were talking about Pappadeaux's just last night. Need to go. Catfish Opelousas. food food food

Best thing on the menu without question.

Start out with fried calamari and you're eating like a king.

FWIW, their lunch menu portions are significantly smaller.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/04/21 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
portions there are typically extremely generous

They sure are
Posted By: N.Tx

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/05/21 01:25 AM

Start off with the Alligator and then the Redfish or Mahi in Alexander sauce up
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/05/21 05:40 AM

Yep, Got to start off with the gator every time I eat at one in Houston!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/05/21 11:28 AM

Love the Catfish Opelousas and the RedFish Pontchatrain, with a dozen raw oysters for an appetizer and a few Old Fashioneds to wash it all down.

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/05/21 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Love the Catfish Opelousas and the RedFish Pontchatrain, with a dozen raw oysters for an appetizer and a few Old Fashioneds to wash it all down.

Goodness
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/06/21 01:22 AM

Don’t care what I eat there as long as it starts with gumbo and ends with bread pudding.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/06/21 02:58 AM

The prices are getting up there.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/06/21 07:25 AM

I have never had a bad meal there, ever.

They are consistently good.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/06/21 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Yeah they have been up there for sure.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/07/21 10:33 PM

I usually order of the salad and appetizer menu. Start of with a Caezar salad, then a dozen Blue Points on the half shell, then a 1/2 pound of peel and eat shrimp, then a bowl of gumbo. I order all at once and they don't deliver until I'm ready for the next course. Then a slice of key lime pie. I know it walks them to death doing that so I tip well there.

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/07/21 11:28 PM

The key lime is good and so is the cheesecake
Posted By: Screwdriver

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/08/21 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

They've been up there awhile. I'd eat there more if they weren't so proud of their food but they don't seem to have a problem putting butts in seats.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/13/21 04:06 PM

It’s my favorite seafood chain.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/17/21 06:13 PM

I like sitting at the bar with a big plate of Oysters and Cold Beer.

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/17/21 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

up
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/17/21 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be

food
Posted By: Stub

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/18/21 11:58 AM

As the saying goes "you get what you pay for" Bit pricey but the food is way good and you get generous portions up
Posted By: 270Sendero

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/18/21 10:19 PM

The crawfish bisque is amazing. I also love the fried crawfish

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/18/21 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by 270Sendero

up
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/18/21 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by 270Sendero

up

Yep! and so is their etouffe. Every single Pappadeaux I have been to has been consistently good, damn good actually. I've eaten good Cajun food all over S & SE Louisiana, and the Pappadeaux chain has definitely got it together.
Posted By: tailchaser93

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/21/21 08:27 PM

I love their oysters Rockefeller and whole trout
Posted By: rickym

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/21/21 11:13 PM

Prices are to high and I don’t believe it to be anything special. Though they pray on rich city folks, and do it well!
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/22/21 10:54 PM

Their Salmon Alexander is out of this world. I don't think it's on the menu anymore, but they still serve it when requested.
Posted By: mideon2000

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/23/21 05:46 AM

I used to work there as a dishwasher. Im thinking about going back one day a week to get fed. They took 2 bucks a shift and you got to eat. I would wash the cooks dishes fast at closing time so they could go home and got to eat very well. Fried catfish, chicken tenders, alligator, giant homeade chz sticks, pasta mardi gras, blackened catfish yvette (basically their fondue poured over the catfish over a bed of dirty rice), cocnut shrimp, crawfish. Baked potatoes with the honey pepper bacon were otherworldly. Id make shakes with their hagen das ice cream. Blueberries in the walk in. Whew. Delicious stuff. I miss that 50 percent discoun when dining in.

They do prepare everything there except the chzcakes and bread. All the sauces are housemade except fat free ranch. There is a lot of stuff they don't have anymore, but if they still have honey pepper bacon for their salads, get a baked potato and put that stuff on it

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/24/21 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by mideon2000
I used to work there as a dishwasher. Im thinking about going back one day a week to get fed. They took 2 bucks a shift and you got to eat. I would wash the cooks dishes fast at closing time so they could go home and got to eat very well. Fried catfish, chicken tenders, alligator, giant homeade chz sticks, pasta mardi gras, blackened catfish yvette (basically their fondue poured over the catfish over a bed of dirty rice), cocnut shrimp, crawfish. Baked potatoes with the honey pepper bacon were otherworldly. Id make shakes with their hagen das ice cream. Blueberries in the walk in. Whew. Delicious stuff. I miss that 50 percent discoun when dining in.

They do prepare everything there except the chzcakes and bread. All the sauces are housemade except fat free ranch. There is a lot of stuff they don't have anymore, but if they still have honey pepper bacon for their salads, get a baked potato and put that stuff on it

That’s a good deal
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Pappadeaux - 01/25/21 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by mideon2000

Have a good friend that was a server at Pappadeaux's in Fort Worth during college 2002-2005ish. He said the kitchen at Pappadeaux's was one of the cleanest restaurant kitchens he's ever seen.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum