Texas Hunting Forum

Applebee's

Posted By: bill oxner

Applebee's - 07/18/20 01:24 AM

Now watching Ricky Bobby Talladega Nights. Their big celebration was a Applebee's. Are they still around? Thoughts? The restaurant not the movie.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Applebee's - 07/18/20 01:48 AM

They are still around, but I don’t see why. A year or so ago we went to one, having few other choices. I had a salad with 1000 island dressing and an excellent steak. The wife and I were very impressed, and figured that we had been avoiding Applebee’s unnecessarily. So, some time later we went there again. I ordered the same salad, only to be told that 1000 island dressing was no longer an option. Ok. Then I ordered that same steak and was told that it wasn’t on the menu an longer. We ordered other stuff and ate, but have no plans to eat there again.

For that matter Chili’s has really slid in quality, menu, and service. I used to really like Chili’s. But I do like their new corporate slogan “if it ain’t broke, let’s fix it”.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Applebee's - 07/18/20 02:17 AM

Chili's and Applebee's barf
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Applebee's - 07/18/20 02:23 AM

Wife and I stopped in one here a while back for a quick drink one evening after a little night out. Sat at the bar and was ignored. They were too busy serving the already overserved customers. Finally got our drinks. After looking around at the folks there, we drank up and got out of there. Never to return. No way i would have eaten there.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Applebee's - 07/18/20 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Wife and I stopped in one here a while back for a quick drink one evening after a little night out. Sat at the bar and was ignored. They were too busy serving the already overserved customers. Finally got our drinks. After looking around at the folks there, we drank up and got out of there. Never to return. No way i would have eaten there.

Similar experience by the San Antonio airport, trying to eat after getting off a plane, many years ago. Silly children focused only on each other. We walked out and I've never been back. Isn't this the chain that the whole "flair" thing was making fun of in "The Office"?
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Applebee's - 07/18/20 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Chili's and Applebee's barf

Used to love Chile's, Applebee's was always meh.

They both suck now around here.

We had a Chile's here in Rockport that was damn good back in the day and used to eat there a lot, then it became a K-Bobs. I went there the first week they opened and the entire experience sucked, bad. Never went back. It smelled but I'm not a little bitch so I sat down, ordered, and tried it out. I left the gal a tip but was honest with her when explaining why I wasn't coming back. It was that bad, I normally don't act like that.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Applebee's - 07/18/20 11:40 AM

Pass
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Applebee's - 07/18/20 03:33 PM

Chili’s has good chips and salsa but that’s about it
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Applebee's - 07/18/20 06:03 PM

Applebee's has always been lousy to me. Chili's used to be good until Brinker started managing their margins instead of paying attention to food quality.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Applebee's - 07/18/20 06:20 PM

Applebee's has always been lousy to me. Chili's used to be good until Brinker started managing their margins instead of paying attention to food quality.

x2
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Applebee's - 07/18/20 09:50 PM

Went into the Applebee`s in Cleburne about a year ago and it smelled like an ashtray. We turned around at the door and left. I wrote corporate about our experience and about all they said was that "yes it is a smoking restaurant". Sound like a great business model to me.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Applebee's - 07/19/20 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

x2

We ate at Applebee's once in Richardson a long time ago, never again. Ditto on the Chili's, use to like their burgers and Mozzerella cheese sticks. No Mas!
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Applebee's - 07/19/20 04:39 PM

Ate at Chili's in Hutto couple months ago, very bad.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Applebee's - 07/20/20 12:21 AM

Try to avoid apostrophe S restaurants in general.

I used to like their quesadilla burger on occasion, but the poor service and inconsistency became too much to ignore.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Applebee's - 07/20/20 03:22 AM

White Trash

I fit right in

Bill, they have $1 Margaritas
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Applebee's - 07/20/20 09:11 AM

I have never understood how AppleBee's stays in business. I have tried them a few time over the years, The food suxs there.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Applebee's - 07/20/20 12:38 PM

Trash
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Applebee's - 07/20/20 12:48 PM

at one time they had a decent burger, but they managed to mess that up now too.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Applebee's - 07/20/20 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I continually don't understand how restaurants can screw up an item as simple as a burger.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Applebee's - 07/20/20 07:29 PM

I thought they were sandwiches??? roflmao

Re: Applebee's - 07/21/20 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by TKandMike

I continually don't understand how restaurants can screw up an item as simple as a burger.

Yep. Easiest thing to make.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Applebee's - 07/21/20 01:08 AM

Chili’s used to make a Peppercorn Burger and curlyQ fries. It was good stuff, but nooooo they quit making it.
Posted By: Papa Stan

Re: Applebee's - 07/25/20 10:44 PM

I don't see how Applebee's or Chili's are either one still in business. Chili's went downhill when Brinker bought them. They had the best burger at the original Chili's on Greenville in Dallas in the the early '70's.
Posted By: 007hunter

Re: Applebee's - 08/25/20 04:01 PM

Hey wife worked at one in Nashville when we were dating (yes...back in the mid 80's). RIblets and fries all the time...they were awesome. Those 2 for 1 drink specials were great also...and they were really good. No days...nope...haven;t been there in years and have no need to
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Applebee's - 08/25/20 05:25 PM

still love Chili's chips and salsa
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Applebee's - 08/25/20 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by EastTXbound
still love Chili's chips and salsa

That may be the only thing that is same on their menu changes.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Applebee's - 08/25/20 06:53 PM

When our kids were still at home they loved Applebee's and Chili's. I can honestly say that I've never had a meal at either place that made me want to go back again. They're both average at best.
Posted By: Poppa

Re: Applebee's - 08/28/20 08:49 PM

i agree. chillis sux now, has for 20 years imo, they tried really hard to f it up and did a fine job
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Applebee's - 08/30/20 03:38 PM

Applebee's was actually a good chain restaurant in the '90s. After experiencing lousy food and lousy service in multiple locations close to 20 years ago, we haven't been back and have no plans to try again.
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Applebee's - 08/30/20 10:23 PM

Today, almost all food is cooked up in containers and slapped on a plate. And most take their food out of a bag like Sam’s, heat it up and serve it. Lots of that chicken is pre cooked. Even fast food burgers are cooked up in advance. So no and no.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Applebee's - 08/31/20 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Huntmaster
Even fast food burgers are cooked up in advance.

Not Whataburger.
clap

Re: Applebee's - 08/31/20 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by Huntmaster
Even fast food burgers are cooked up in advance.

Not Whataburger.
clap

And yet the still suck.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum