Posted By: Stub

Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 12:02 AM

Where is your go to place?
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 12:42 AM

Mi casa.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 12:51 AM

The fish place on the Bowie Hwy in Decatur is good and so is the sale barn in Eastland.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 02:48 AM

Think they have shrimp and know sides, not sure about fish but GoGo Gumbo in Boyd is darn good.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 03:17 AM

Red Lobster has great biscuits
Posted By: rickym

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 04:38 AM

I agree with skinner, home.
Big chain, razzoos is good.
There’s a place around port oconner that was real good, don’t know the name.
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 04:46 AM

Whatever happened to Catfish King?
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 11:54 AM

Fox Hollow PK lake.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Mi casa.

Ditto
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 01:01 PM

If not at home I like pappadeaux
Posted By: Eagle 1

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 01:15 PM

Scott's Oyster Bar in Amarillo. Fried catfish and shrimp basket is hard to beat.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 01:51 PM

White Sands in Port Isabell
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/03/20 05:12 PM

Not necessarily the best, but we like Catfish Corner in Abilene.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/04/20 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by snake oil
Fox Hollow PK lake.

up
Posted By: erathar

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/04/20 12:42 AM

Boat N Net.
Posted By: ErikL

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/04/20 02:32 AM

i was in Louisiana last September and my buddies wife had one of those blackstone outdoor gas griddles goin. she fried gator, catfish, shrimp, frog legs, right out of the river onto the flat top. was fantastic. so in summary, the river camp was best, but for goin out predictability, do like pappadeaux, starting with a couple of swamp things from the bar, followed by a cup of gumbo, then especially the blackened redfish and dirty rice, with banana pudding in the mason jar for desert.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/04/20 02:58 AM

Aw Shucks
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/04/20 03:25 AM

Some comical responses that are embarrassing

S and D oyster house
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/04/20 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by LonestarCobra
Fox Hollow PK lake.

up

Winner
Posted By: texfork

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/04/20 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by EastTXbound
If not at home I like pappadeaux

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/04/20 02:50 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/04/20 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pigsicles
Fox Hollow PK lake.

up

Winner

Gotta try it up
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/05/20 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by Pigsicles
Fox Hollow PK lake.

up

Winner

Gotta try it up

PM me when you go and the bride and I will meet you there.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/05/20 01:31 PM

Bills Catfish east of Byers, just across the river in OK was some dang good catfish.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/05/20 06:40 PM

A new place opened in Wylie. It’s pretty good. Fried shrimp and shrimp cocktail (Mexican style) is fantastic.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/05/20 11:37 PM

Mc Geehee Catfish up in Oklahoma used to be good. It had a little grass runway and we would fly up there and eat sometimes. I haven't been back since the closed the runway some years back.
Posted By: 10pointers

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/06/20 03:00 AM

Shempes Aransas Pass
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/06/20 10:05 PM

Me and my wife love Red Lobster but only get to go a couple of times a year. Here is my Red Lobster clone that I cooked about a week ago when we canceled a Red Lobster trip due to covid -19 BS. I butterflied colossal shrimp, made fresh Cole Slaw(Malcom Reed`s recipe) and made Red Lobster cheddar rolls. It was great and I didn`t have to leave a tip or pay 5 bucks for an adult beverage. The tartar sauce is actually in a bowl formally owned by Red Lobster. It was great

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/06/20 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by 10pointers
Shempes Aransas Pass

Haven’t been there in years, but used to go for their burgers. They were on point.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/07/20 01:41 PM

USA Farm Raised catfish, not Swai or Pangasius

I like Mudbugs and Rockin S at Hidden Cove.

Gulf Coast for all other fish and shrimp, White Sands in Port Isabel rocks, right off the boat
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/07/20 02:32 PM

Shempes Aransas Pass

Haven’t been there in years, but used to go for their burgers. They were on point.

Mickeys on the water in AP has great fish and oysters.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/07/20 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by scalebuster
The fish place on the Bowie Hwy in Decatur is good and so is the sale barn in Eastland.

You’re not speaking of catfish oharlies on 287 are you? That place is awful.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/07/20 05:54 PM

My go-to is The Te'Jun in Robinson just south of Waco. Best restraunt fried catfish I've ever had, along with their fried and peel and eat shrimp and hush puppies. I always save the shrimp tails and shells to feed the catfish in the pond of their dock. Pretty fun and the kids love it.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/07/20 05:55 PM

Bills in Waurika, OK is the best I've had.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/07/20 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by topwater13
Shempes Aransas Pass

Mickeys on the water in AP has great fish and oysters.

Yes they do. I’m picky about my fried fish & shrimp, they are one of the very few that I like. All of their food is good except for their gumbo. Great burgers, fries, fish sandwiches, and soft shell crabs too. I used to go there for lunch once a week or when out fishing, but haven’t been since the storm. My brother from another mother just started cooking there, so I’m loading up my kids and going back one day this week.
Posted By: Wayne J

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/07/20 09:50 PM

Bills is hard to beat.
Posted By: rjf1911

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/07/20 11:05 PM

In Dallas....Flying Fish is pretty spiffy. Shrimp, catfish...and the Grouper is good too.

And the Preston Center location does a great breakfast.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/08/20 12:47 AM

Agree about Flying Fish. Get one of their cards. Every tenth meal is free. Hook, Line and Sinker at Lemmon and McKinney is good also.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/08/20 09:30 PM

Bills between Byers and Waurika has been there a long time and was always my favorite. Haven't been in nearly 40 years. Glad to hear it is still good.
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/08/20 11:38 PM

Bills all the way or my kitchen.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/09/20 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by bobcat1
Bills between Byers and Waurika has been there a long time and was always my favorite. Haven't been in nearly 40 years. Glad to hear it is still good.

I was able to go there one day for lunch last summer when working in Byers and Petrolia. It was good!

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/09/20 03:28 PM

I grew up in Clay county and like Bill's as well. Peach Orchard north of Ringgold is my preference. Full disclosure and not on topic; I usually order the steak fingers there.....best I have had. Everything else is good as well.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/09/20 04:23 PM

Fish Shack in Plano, Awe Shucks on McKinney off of Lemmon in Dallas good.

I liked Catfish King for the green tomato relish but havent been there in years.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/09/20 04:28 PM

Catfish Charlies in Corpus Christi is pretty darn good..
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/09/20 08:54 PM

There was a place called Buck's in Odessa years ago that had excellent butterflied fried jumbo shrimp.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/11/20 02:19 PM

I grew up in Clay county and like Bill's as well. Peach Orchard north of Ringgold is my preference. Full disclosure and not on topic; I usually order the steak fingers there.....best I have had. Everything else is good as well.

I had forgot about the Peach Orchard. Just over the river north of Ringgold. Never had a bad meal there. Fish is good and Calf fries are awesome too.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/11/20 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by bobcat1

I had forgot about the Peach Orchard. Just over the river north of Ringgold. Never had a bad meal there. Fish is good and Calf fries are awesome too.

I have eaten there a couple of times and it is way good, had calf fries/mountain oysters there too up

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/11/20 03:23 PM

I've eaten at Doug's Peach Orchard probably ten times. It's always been good. Usually get the catfish but the steak fingers are good also. Very good onion rings.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/11/20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
I've eaten at Doug's Peach Orchard probably ten times. It's always been good. Usually get the catfish but the steak fingers are good also. Very good onion rings.

I need to go there. Only 20 minutes from the gate.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/27/20 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by TPACK
Me and my wife love Red Lobster but only get to go a couple of times a year. Here is my Red Lobster clone that I cooked about a week ago when we canceled a Red Lobster trip due to covid -19 BS. I butterflied colossal shrimp, made fresh Cole Slaw(Malcom Reed`s recipe) and made Red Lobster cheddar rolls. It was great and I didn`t have to leave a tip or pay 5 bucks for an adult beverage. The tartar sauce is actually in a bowl formally owned by Red Lobster. It was great

[Linked Image]
[/quote]

That looks great
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/27/20 12:42 AM

The Duck’s Nest restaurant on Lake St John, near Ferriday, Louisiana.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/27/20 01:47 AM

Found this place while I was in Walterboro South Carolina the last couple of weeks..top notch

Attached picture 20200721_142834.jpg

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/27/20 03:17 AM

I'd eat that.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/27/20 12:24 PM

The wife said I do not feel like cooking, you want some Gumbo? Well heck yes!
She called Big Shucks, they still are not serving Gumbo? So she says what about Pappadeaux's ? So I immediately got up and handed her the keys and said I love ya hun bye.

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/27/20 12:51 PM

I'd eat that.
Posted By: Poppa

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/28/20 09:00 PM

She called Big Shucks, they still are not serving Gumbo? So she says what about Pappadeaux's ? So I immediately got up and handed her the keys and said I love ya hun bye.

[Linked Image]

how can you eat all that in one setting? you must bench press bout #475

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/28/20 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by NewGulf
Found this place while I was in Walterboro South Carolina the last couple of weeks..top notch

Looks great

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/28/20 09:47 PM

I had lunch at Brandi's Green Frog here in Jacksboro for the first time today since she took it over. They have Catfish Special on Friday, and I was impressed. The slaw, hush puppies, tarter and cocktail sauce was good as well. I actually got the combo and it came with some shrimp, they were pretty good.
Posted By: Ag Hunter 78

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/29/20 02:16 AM

King's Inn south of Kingsville and right on the bay. Family style shrimp, catfish, oysters, and frog legs. Avocado salad is the bomb too.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/29/20 02:17 AM

I had lunch at Brandi's Green Frog here in Jacksboro for the first time today since she took it over. They have Catfish Special on Friday, and I was impressed. The slaw, hush puppies, tarter and cocktail sauce was good as well. I actually got the combo and it came with some shrimp, they were pretty good.

Never knew it was there - have to give it a try

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/29/20 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Poppa

[Linked Image]

how can you eat all that in one setting? you must bench press bout #475

I tell you what, I freakin' love Pappadeaux's and I will hurt myself on dat!
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/29/20 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ag Hunter 78
King's Inn south of Kingsville and right on the bay. Family style shrimp, catfish, oysters, and frog legs. Avocado salad is the bomb too.

Hard to beat. Worth the drive & the wait.
Posted By: Red River Hunter

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/07/21 02:47 AM

My favorite is the Fish Fry in Paris. Clear Springs in Tyler is good. Happys Fish House in Tyler is also good.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/07/21 04:03 AM

Locally, Catfish Sams on W Division St in Arlington is really good. You can get full on just the sides there.

We also have a Flying Fish in Arlington, they have really good fish grilled and fried, excellent grilled, fried, and boiled shrimp, and IMO they have the best Po-Boys outside of Louisiana.

I do pretty good in the kitchen with Cajun cuisine (Mom's side of the family has been in Louisiana for over 200 years) but the above two places are pretty good also lol.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/07/21 04:11 AM

Flying Fish is good.
Posted By: TKM

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/07/21 06:48 AM

Bill's has always been good for me. About a year ago we stopped in a little place in Ringold just west of 81, never knew about it. Had fish shrimp, was pretty darn good.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/07/21 10:34 AM

Sea Island Shrimp House San Antonio and at Creekside in New Barnflies.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/07/21 11:53 AM

Catfish Platter , Willis ,Oklahoma
Posted By: Giblett

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/07/21 05:48 PM

Pelican lodge on Caddo lake had good fish but closed down a few years ago. Now I just cook my own weekly you can't go wrong with a bayou classic cooker plan on cooking up some whole catfish Tuesday evening for the race.
Posted By: 1955

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/07/21 07:15 PM

All the good places were I live have closed down because of the pandemic. So Sad! realmad
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/09/21 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by 1955
All the good places were I live have closed down because of the pandemic. So Sad! realmad

That`s why I fix my own. Hard to beat and the price is right............. The beer is always cold.
[Linked Image]
[/quote][/quote]
Posted By: WT_Foxtrot

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/12/21 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by LeonCarr
Locally, Catfish Sams on W Division St in Arlington is really good. You can get full on just the sides there.

Always heard that and went there about ten years ago. Perhaps the worst restaurant experience I've ever had in my life for both the food and the service. Took at least 20 minutes for a waitress to come clean off our dirty table when we were seated. Had to go to the front and ask that it be done finally. Another 20 minutes to get our order taken. Had to ask for that too. Then it took forever to get our food, which was cold by the time we got it.

I'm tolerant of stuff and usually don't complain, I just won't go back. But when we went to check out, the lady at the register asked how everything was. And I was like, well, since you asked......and went down the list of how bad it was. Her response? "Ain't nobody else complaining'"

Based on all the reviews of that place, I'm pretty sure it was just a one-off. But I'll never be back.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/12/21 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by WT_Foxtrot

Always heard that and went there about ten years ago. Perhaps the worst restaurant experience I've ever had in my life for both the food and the service. Took at least 20 minutes for a waitress to come clean off our dirty table when we were seated. Had to go to the front and ask that it be done finally. Another 20 minutes to get our order taken. Had to ask for that too. Then it took forever to get our food, which was cold by the time we got it.

I'm tolerant of stuff and usually don't complain, I just won't go back. But when we went to check out, the lady at the register asked how everything was. And I was like, well, since you asked......and went down the list of how bad it was. Her response? "Ain't nobody else complaining'"

Based on all the reviews of that place, I'm pretty sure it was just a one-off. But I'll never be back.

I have been eating there for 12 years and have never had any drama like that. Hopefully the perpetrators of your bad restaurant experience are now unemployed.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/12/21 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by WT_Foxtrot

I have been eating there for 12 years and have never had any drama like that. Hopefully the perpetrators of your bad restaurant experience are now unemployed.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

They stopped giving the setup before your meal. That was the best part.
Posted By: mdryg1970

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/12/21 05:23 PM

Flying Fish is good.

x2 Ft Worth though, I don't do Dallas.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/12/21 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by mdryg1970
Flying Fish is good.

banana

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/12/21 11:11 PM

Flying Fish is good.

But Debbie does.....

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/12/21 11:49 PM

Flying Fish is good.

But Debbie did.....

FIFY

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/13/21 04:04 AM

roflmao

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/13/21 01:25 PM

Flying Fish is good.

But Debbie did.....

FIFY

You just don't know the right Debbie now laugh
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/10/21 07:40 PM

McAdoos Seafood Company in downtown NB is the best I've found in the entire SA to Austin area.
If you are in NB and love seafood then treat yourself.

Their meals are fantastic as well as their appetizers. The Seafood Fondoo is ridiculous.
Posted By: Poppa

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/10/21 10:05 PM

if you are around bob sandlin ya gotta try vaughns on the lake. really good catfish and sides. they have steak too, never tried it. all you can eat on thursday nite for less than $15 a plate. they have good chow chow too!
Posted By: SRPI89

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/11/21 02:45 AM

Eddie’s catfish on the other side of the tracks in Midland is good. They serve it in a brown paper bag- no plate- just tossed in the bag. Growing up, we’d go to Arleen’s across the red river. I was young, but I remember it was good
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/11/21 06:13 PM

Bill's for me. However, Catfish Haven north of Whitesboro runs a very close second.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/16/21 02:04 PM

S and D oyster house

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/05/22 01:57 PM

Wife picked up Big Shucks last night and brothers it was fricking delicious up

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/05/22 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw
Bill's for me. However, Catfish Haven north of Whitesboro runs a very close second.

Been to Bills a couple times, it was good.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/05/22 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
McAdoos Seafood Company in downtown NB is the best I've found in the entire SA to Austin area.

Their meals are fantastic as well as their appetizers. The Seafood Fondoo is ridiculous.

Haven’t been to McAdoos for a while. Seemed the quality changed after the original management changed. Need to go back and try it again.
Posted By: RevolverFan

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/05/22 04:12 PM

Can’t beat Bills. Hucks is nice to. Just had catahoulas in Denton which is the picture. Good stuff if you are around there

[Linked Image]
Posted By: leswad

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/05/22 06:26 PM

[Linked Image]

Hate myself for being addicted to heinz bang

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/05/22 06:42 PM

Hooches in Denton is pretty good too

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/06/22 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by RevolverFan
Can’t beat Bills. Hucks is nice to. Just had catahoulas in Denton which is the picture. Good stuff if you are around there

[Linked Image]

Chit that looks way good food

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/09/22 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by RevolverFan

[Linked Image]

Wondered about that place. Will definitely check them out. Thanks
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/10/22 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

Haven’t been to McAdoos for a while. Seemed the quality changed after the original management changed. Need to go back and try it again.

I heard same thing 68 and that the former owners now own The Reel just off Hwy 46N by the HEB there. We've been to the Reel several times and it is good but also have been to McAdoos a couple times in the last 6 months and it was still excellent.

The other place in the SA area to get catfish are the original Clear Springs on 46 south in New Braunfels and the Bayseas restaurants in SA.
The Bayseas places I've been to in SA are DAMN good.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/10/22 04:13 PM

We had a Bayseas here quite a few years ago. Too bad they closed up.
Will need to visit the Reel.
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/11/22 12:03 AM

We really like Shuck Me, Southlake/Keller area. Dang Good fried everything and beer so cold you get that film of ice on top.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/11/22 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
We really like Shuck Me, Southlake/Keller area. Dang Good fried everything and beer so cold you get that film of ice on top.

And a tff person.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/11/22 12:07 PM

Couldn't help ourselves last night grin
There has always been a large amount of Hispanic folks that eat there, last night the place was jammed inside and out, there was probably 98% Hispanic. 1% Asian and 1% of White peeps which was us two crackers (the wife & me) laugh

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/11/22 01:52 PM

Took the family for a quick dinner after a couple of baseball practices to a pretty new place called Tricky Fish at Walnut Hill and 75 in Dallas last night. Really good calamari- crisp and not greasy, good crispy catfish, cod sandwich, and mahi tacos. All at mostly reasonable prices. Definitely will go back.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/11/22 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Originally Posted by Choctaw

Been to Bills a couple times, it was good.

We went again this past Saturday. It is hard to beat the endless hushpuppies while you're waiting on your order.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/11/22 10:47 PM

Looks great Stub
Posted By: Cole Thornton

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 05/30/22 07:03 PM

Seth's Lake Fork Creek, between Mineola and Quitman

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 06/04/22 12:16 AM

Went to The Reel in New Braunfels last night. Great fried shrimp and oysters. Didn’t have have Woodford Reserve so I splurged and ordered a double Garrison Brothers on the rocks. Just as I suspected, my drink was more than my food order. bang
Posted By: txmudder

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 06/04/22 01:42 PM

Po Melvins in Irving has good fried shrimp and po’boys. I hadn’t been there in a while, but went there the other night with my Dad and it was really good. I had blackened catfish and fried shrimp. Been eating there probably 25-30 years.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 06/04/22 03:33 PM

The best catfish I've ever had is at Belzonis here in WS.

https://belzoniscatfishcafe.com/

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 06/09/22 03:04 PM

Wife picked up Big Shucks again last night, hate it when that happens grin

Telling ya the fried catfish is dayum good with big fillets!

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/20/22 12:49 PM

Friday night from Big Shucks with some Gumbo that was pretty good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/20/22 01:32 PM

Where is big shucks ? I need to journey
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/20/22 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Where is big shucks ? I need to journey

https://www.awshucksdallas.com/aw-shucks-frisco/ go to the bottom of that for links to all locations

Aw Shucks on Greenville is the original one, for years it was rated as the best fried shrimp in Dallas and the times I ae there U had to agree. They have since expanded out with more locations including a couple of Big Shucks

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/20/22 09:06 PM

https://www.awshucksdallas.com/about-our-seafood/

CATFISH
You’ll find delicious catfish at Shucks. We purchase our catfish from Superior Catfish – farmed by a colony of Mennonites in Macon, Mississippi. Superior Catfish all began with a man named Bill Saul and his family digging a hole for a pond to use for irrigation for his produce. They decided to stock the pond with catfish in the winter when no irrigation was needed.

Together with his children, they processed their catfish by hand and marketed them locally along with their produce. It was an immediate success. Through hard work and dedication, Superior Catfish, produces and delivers a mild-tasting catfish that keeps us coming back for more! We want the BEST for our Shucks customers, and we believe we’ve found
that with Superior Catfish.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/20/22 11:03 PM

Kens in Breckinridge has decent catfish. I eat there a couple times a month. The chicken gizzards are great.

For years when I was living on Palestine I wouldn’t eat fish at a restaurant unless I was with a customer. I ate fish three nights a week or more at home and restaurant fish was never as good as fresh. Now I only fry fish maybe three times a month.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/22/22 03:02 PM

Friday night from Big Shucks with some Gumbo that was pretty good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

food Did it taste as good as it looks up

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/22/22 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by scalebuster
Kens in Breckinridge has decent catfish. I eat there a couple times a month. The chicken gizzards are great.

For years when I was living on Palestine I wouldn’t eat fish at a restaurant unless I was with a customer. I ate fish three nights a week or more at home and restaurant fish was never as good as fresh. Now I only fry fish maybe three times a month.

Yep, Ken's is pretty good.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/22/22 05:51 PM

Got to say it. The Kosse Cafe in Kosse, Tx has great catfish, but only on Fridays.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/22/22 10:14 PM

The Iredell Cafe has darn good Catfish too!
Posted By: GeneralLefty

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 08/28/22 07:06 PM

Razoos
pappadeaux
a place called Repkas

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 03/29/23 06:33 PM

Oh man just got back from having lunch with my beautiful daughter inlaw at Hook Line & Sinker on Lemon Ave in Uptown Dallas.
Ordered the combo Fried Catfish & Fried Shrimp basket which comes with 1 Catfish filet and 4 Shrimp, plus a cup of Gumbo.

Best dang fried shrimp I have had in a very long time, they were big, moist with a great batter. The Catfish was very good but kind of small filet in the same great batter.
The seafood gumbo was more like soup than gumbo, good flavor and lots of little shrimp, just not Gumbo to me.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As I was just about to submit this post, one of my wifes friends just dropped this off for me from Big Shucks, my lucky Shrimp day banana2
Hated to but had to put it in the fridge, to full from lunch.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Crawdad

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 03/30/23 02:41 AM

If you're around Sherman TX, go to Huck's

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/20/23 09:13 PM

Man I have been dieting pretty hard for over a month now and have lost 20lbs, today I went completely off track and loved every calorie of it grin
Had a craving for a fried Oyster Po-Boy, called my son and off to Hook Line & Sinker for lunch today.
Wyatt had the fried Shrimp & Catfish fillet combo, me yep the Po Boy.

It was pretty good, needed some Tabasco though.

If you know of a place to get a great fried Oyster Po Boy in the DFW area, please share.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/20/23 09:43 PM

Wow, 20lbs in one month! You deserve the cheat day!
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/24/23 03:40 PM

1-White Oak Buffet just NE of Sulphur Springs
2-Staceys Buffet south of Brashear

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/24/23 04:00 PM

We tried Shuck Me in downtown Denton last week. Beer was cold, grilled oysters were good. I tried the fried fish, shrimp and oysters......ehhhh. Wouldn't order them again.
I really do like Flying Fish in FW on Montgomery. Pretty hard to beat for fish and shrimp.
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/24/23 04:26 PM

Man I have been dieting pretty hard for over a month now and have lost 20lbs, today I went completely off track and loved every calorie of it grin
Had a craving for a fried Oyster Po-Boy, called my son and off to Hook Line & Sinker for lunch today.
Wyatt had the fried Shrimp & Catfish fillet combo, me yep the Po Boy.

It was pretty good, needed some Tabasco though.

If you know of a place to get a great fried Oyster Po Boy in the DFW area, please share.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Flying Fish in Ft Worth has a very good oyster po boy
cheers
Posted By: batman

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/24/23 07:23 PM

There’s a Flying Fish in Arlington too, it’s as good as the FW location. Just sharing, as I just stumbled across it.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 07/24/23 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by batman
There’s a Flying Fish in Arlington too, it’s as good as the FW location. Just sharing, as I just stumbled across it.

there's also a Rockfish that is very good.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/23/24 02:02 PM

Wife and I finally made it up to a new restaurant that opened close by at Coit & Campbell Rd. called "The Catch"
I had the French Quarter plate, wife had the fried Catfish & Shrimp.

Now my palate was a little off for I had several glass's of Cab before we got there. My French Quarter plate was good, no wow factor, fortunately my wife shared some of her shrimp, catfish and fried Okra that was fricking delicious.

So I will go back for the fried Catfish, Shrimp and Okra for sure!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/23/24 03:24 PM

Dadgummit Stub , that looks great
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/23/24 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Crawdad
If you're around Sherman TX, go to Huck's

I use to love that place, but we went for the first time in YEARS last weekend and it was plain awful. I'm pretty sure they use swai now and even then the filets were super thin and the breading had zero seasoning.

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 02/24/24 11:53 AM

Was going to grill Brats & Dogs last night and the wife pops off and says, hot dogs and brats for dinner tonight? The way she said it was like that is not what she really wants for dinner.
I said it is that or we can pick up some more of the fried cats & shrimp, big grin on her face and she says, okay lets go!

Yep it was way good again food

[Linked Image]

Fire the Weber up tonight.

[Linked Image]

Re: Best Fried Fish, Shrimp and Sides? - 03/30/24 11:15 AM

Had a drink or three last night and the wife goes; when would like me to go to the Catch and get your dinner? Around 8 honey, I love you grin

When I first opened it up I thought Dayum they forgot my shrimp mad Then relief ensued as I notice them underneath one of the filets.
It was all good as usual, but for some reason the Okra was exceptionally good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum