Texas Hunting Forum

Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx

Posted By: 603Country

Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 04/29/20 02:08 AM

I am pleasantly shocked that the El Charro just off Hwy 6 In Marlin has an outstanding shrimp cocktail. And it’s big, and spicy. I don’t know where to get a better one. Pappadeaux can’t match it.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 04/29/20 02:16 AM

worthless
Posted By: Lotto

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 04/29/20 02:49 AM

How is the hunting around Marlin close to the Brazos ??

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 04/29/20 01:12 PM

We live about 17 miles east of Marlin. Hunting on our place is pretty good. No monster bucks. Lately plenty of pigs.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 04/29/20 02:17 PM

when taking the scenic route to our Fairfield lease, I frequently pass thru Marlin. Where is this place off hwy 6? I normally cut off at the HEB and thru town out to 147 heading towards hwy 14 south of Groesbeck.

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 04/29/20 09:24 PM

It’s at Hwy 6 and Hwy 7, right behind McDonalds about 100 yards.

If you are ever on Hwy 147, you are passing a mile from our house. At approx 16.7 miles east of the Hwy 6 and 147 Intersection, you’ll see LCR 650. Take a right (south) go a mile and turn left at our Black iron gate (location 603). Free beer and bathroom. We’d welcome the visit.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 04/30/20 01:47 PM

I looked on Yelp to see if someone posted a pic of the shrimp cocktail, they didn't. However, the food there looks pretty good.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 04/30/20 05:08 PM

sometime when I am heading that way I will drop you a PM to see if you will be home and swing by to say howdy

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 04/30/20 09:39 PM

PMK, we’d love a visit.

And Herbie, as to the food in general, it has become our favorite Mexican Restaurant (within 25 miles). At 40 miles, Chuy’s is in play in Waco. Excellent Margarita.
Posted By: TARUGS

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 05/15/20 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
worthless

This.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 05/15/20 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by TARUGS
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
worthless

This.

Yep

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 05/18/20 12:32 AM

I don’t have pics because I ate it. All of it. Didn’t share with the wife. She had to get her own.

I will try to remember to photograph the next one.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 05/18/20 08:19 PM

I got it, stop by your home for beer and a pit stop and then you can take me to the restaurant and buy me a shrimp cocktail. Of course, I'll need to wash it down with something.

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 05/18/20 08:27 PM

Dang nice looking place out there in the middle of nowhere. I bet you get a lot done in that big outbuilding (must be nice). I like that nice tank. Is it stocked? What type of trees are in that row you planted?

it truly does look like a beautiful setting. I am envious.

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 05/19/20 12:06 AM

Hudbone, It is a nice place. Pretty and green (sometimes). The wife has a big garden and I have a nice barn/workshop, full of woodworking tools and reloading gear. There’s a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchenette also attached. And there’s a small guest house. The pond is chock full of bream and an indeterminate number of bass that bite sometimes.

Latest orders from the wife are to get some shredding done now that the wildflowers have seeded out.

Retirement has been good. The wife and I still get along, and she likes to fish.

Re: Shrimp cocktail - Marlin, Tx - 05/19/20 01:41 AM

You are a fortunate, lucky man and the bet here is you created every bit of it. So impressed.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum