Texas Hunting Forum

Bandera???

Posted By: PMK

Bandera??? - 02/04/20 03:23 PM

my wife and I usually do a day trip for Valentine's day but she asked me what I knew about the Bandera area. I haven't been down there in years but know it's some really pretty Texas hill country. With it being about 2.5 hour drive from Georgetown one way, we might need to consider finding a hotel or B&B to make it worthwhile.

We've done most of the things around Austin, Wimberley, New Braunfels, Burnet, Marble Falls, Johnson City, Fredericksburg, Llano, Waco, Fort Worth ...

any recommendations on things to see, things to do, places to eat, etc. around Bandera??? or some place else???
Posted By: texfork

Re: Bandera??? - 02/04/20 05:05 PM

I bet Don K will be along and help you out . Safe travels .

Re: Bandera??? - 02/05/20 02:05 PM

whistle
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: Bandera??? - 02/05/20 04:12 PM

Have a beer at Arky Blues...reminds me of a Robert Earl Keen song.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Bandera??? - 02/06/20 12:35 AM

I believe they are having the Cowboy Mardi Gras starting next week. Neat little town, my wife and I went there week before last to browse around.

Re: Bandera??? - 02/06/20 01:39 PM

any recommendations of things to see or do?

looks like we will be postponing by a couple of weeks after Valentine's day ... wife is having Cadaract surgery Feb. 12
Posted By: don k

Re: Bandera??? - 02/06/20 08:35 PM

If you want to go to someplace nice don't come to Bandera. Maybe 30 or 40 years ago but not now. That ought to piss off the chamber of commerce but I could give a rats rear end.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Bandera??? - 02/06/20 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by don k
If you want to go to someplace nice don't come to Bandera. Maybe 30 or 40 years ago but not now. That ought to piss off the chamber of commerce but I could give a rats rear end.

And I am in complete agreement with, 100%, todo simpatico...with Don. up

Re: Bandera??? - 02/10/20 01:50 PM

open to other suggestions???
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Bandera??? - 02/10/20 02:06 PM

Very pretty drive around Utopia area, but no real nice accommodations and the people...as I've said before, it's our little slice of Appalachia. Leakey area is also a pretty drive.

Kerrville, in the same general area, is really a small city, but you might find a decent place to stay.

If you've never done it, and you have the time. "Go west my son." Way out. They've redone the old hotel in Van Horn and you can base there and see the Guadalupe Mountains, McKittrick Canyon, etc.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Bandera??? - 02/10/20 04:03 PM

I don't know what happened to Bandera. We really enjoyed the place. I took my son there for several years in a row to go out with THF guide Bowsnrods. My wife went with us a few times and enjoyed the trip as well. I guess it has been about six years since our last trip. We stayed about 10 minutes or so out of Bandera at Lake Medina RV Resort in their cabins.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Bandera??? - 02/10/20 05:22 PM

we have lot's of relatives around that area (the Mansfield's). used to have our reunions at a local dude ranch.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum