Texas Hunting Forum

Heim BBQ Ft Worth

Posted By: jetdad

Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 12/28/19 09:34 PM

Went there yesterday with my son. I got moist brisket and an order of bacon burnt ends. My son got pulled pork. I had high expectations from the reports I've gotten. The brisket was good but not great. Not much smoke flavor. Nice and tender but pretty bland. The bacon burnt ends were all fat. I don't mean fatty, I mean just fat. They were not edible. I got two little chunks of fat for $6.99. Very disappointing. The pulled pork was good but how can you mess up a pork butt? I won't go back. Too many really good options out there. 407, Cattleack, Pecan Lodge and ribs from the Railhead all have Heim beat by a wide margin. Maybe it was an off day, but for the price I won't do a return visit.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 12/29/19 01:23 AM

I would have stuck with the pulled pork.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 12/29/19 11:56 AM

Railhead ftw.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 12/29/19 02:32 PM

I went about a year and a half ago and like you, left unimpressed.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 12/29/19 02:58 PM

I was pretty big on Heim's but my last trip was not so great. The bacon burnt ends were all fat as you described, but I took them back and let them know they were inedible. They had no problem giving me another tray of them that were good. The brisket quality had fallen off some as well. Their ribs were on point. You can get some less than stellar meat anywhere at times, even at 407. I did send a sandwich back there that was full of fat. Since that day, I always ask for lean cuts and have had no problems.
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 12/29/19 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Went there yesterday with my son. I got moist brisket and an order of bacon burnt ends. My son got pulled pork. I had high expectations from the reports I've gotten. The brisket was good but not great. Not much smoke flavor. Nice and tender but pretty bland. The bacon burnt ends were all fat. I don't mean fatty, I mean just fat. They were not edible. I got two little chunks of fat for $6.99. Very disappointing. The pulled pork was good but how can you mess up a pork butt? I won't go back. Too many really good options out there. 407, Cattleack, Pecan Lodge and ribs from the Railhead all have Heim beat by a wide margin. Maybe it was an off day, but for the price I won't do a return visit.

I agree totally with your assessment and felt the same way when I tried them cheers
Posted By: mooney_ag

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 12/31/19 05:57 AM

Once was all it took for me as well. Learned my lesson. Hard to believe they did well enough to open a second location.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/01/20 04:36 PM

Heim BBQ = meh. We went to Chandon Gardens and stopped by Heim for lunch. Big disappointment.
Posted By: huck18

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/02/20 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by fredeboy

I agree totally with your assessment and felt the same way when I tried them cheers

Yeah they don't trim any of the fat off of the pork belly. I've started making my own and I trim some of the fat off and cube them smaller. It makes all the difference in the world, but it's a lot easier to do one than one hundred.
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/06/20 04:15 PM

I haven't been too disappointed with Heim. Their bacon burnt ends can either be really good or super fatty as LonestarCobra said.

I haven't been super impressed with Railhead, but I guess I'll have to give it another go.

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/06/20 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by TKandMike
I haven't been too disappointed with Heim. Their bacon burnt ends can either be really good or super fatty as LonestarCobra said.

I haven't been super impressed with Railhead, but I guess I'll have to give it another go.

don't go to the one out by you, they suck bad. go to the original on Montgomery.
Posted By: Wildcat1

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/06/20 06:56 PM

I said something the ends was told I didn't have to order them again. Ron
Posted By: huck18

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/09/20 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

don't go to the one out by you, they suck bad. go to the original on Montgomery.

Yes and get ribs. That's what they do best.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/10/20 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by huck18
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Yes and get ribs. That's what they do best.

And the sausage is great! Brisket can be hit or miss.

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/10/20 01:55 AM

I remember when railhead was a shed behind the beer barn on Vickery. They will always be my favorite. Life is too short to live in Dallas.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/10/20 02:29 AM

I remember the beer barn well. Charlie Geren hired the pitboss from Angelo's bbq when they started Railhead. Coldest beer in town.

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/10/20 03:08 AM

I remember the beer barn well. Charlie Geren hired the pitboss from Angelo's bbq when they started Railhead. Coldest beer in town.

This.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/10/20 08:28 PM

Second time over at Lockhart's last night at Texas Live. Got a pound of the point cut brisket. Lights out. Jalapeno mac n cheese is delish. Really great food there.
Posted By: MeanGreen85

Re: Heim BBQ Ft Worth - 01/20/20 05:56 AM

Heim is overrated. And gross. barf

http://apps.fortworthtexas.gov/heal...erits=15&Area=Restaurant&Seqno=1
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum