Texas Hunting Forum

Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest)

Posted By: CassCounty

Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/20/19 05:32 AM

My Wife and I will be going to UT Southwest multiple times in the coming weeks, I'm looking for places close by to eat. Our last appointment there last week we tried Ichiro Ramen Shop. I was impressed with it. I would appreciate your recommendations, Thank You!!
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/20/19 02:22 PM

Maple and Motor if you like a good burger. A little further there's Mia's on Lemmon ave. for good Mexican food. Get to either one early as they get crowded.
Posted By: jayhawker

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/20/19 02:42 PM

Mike Anderon's BBQ is right across the street. Just down Mockingbird is Smokey John's BBQ, ate there the other day and was impressed. Unless you are going for cardiac reasons, then these may not be the best recommendations.

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/21/19 04:47 AM

Thank you both for the suggestions. I really appreciate them. I will probably try them all the next few weeks.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/21/19 12:19 PM

#5 at Kellers drive in.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/21/19 04:28 PM

I love Kellers. I just wish they had table service and you didn't have to eat in the car.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/21/19 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Maple and Motor if you like a good burger. A little further there's Mia's on Lemmon ave. for good Mexican food. Get to either one early as they get crowded.

these above....Plus Slow Bone BBQ for some really good Cue and amazing sides!!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/21/19 08:31 PM

Original Market Diner on the NE corner of Harry Hines and the Dallas North Tollway. Great breakfast and lunch up
I have eaten there several times.

I hope that all is okay with you and your wife, prayers sent just in case.

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/22/19 07:43 AM

Thank You all for the suggestions! I appreciate them.

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/22/19 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Stub
Original Market Diner on the NE corner of Harry Hines and the Dallas North Tollway. Great breakfast and lunch up

She is being treated for a really rare autoimmune disease. We really are impressed so far with UT Southwest and I feel like she is in good hands with her care. Thank You very much for the prayers!!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/23/19 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by CassCounty

She is being treated for a really rare autoimmune disease. We really are impressed so far with UT Southwest and I feel like she is in good hands with her care. Thank You very much for the prayers!!

I spent many nights on a couch at UTSW last year and the year before. Also work that area. SlowBone is a few minutes away and great BBQ. Maple & Motor has great burgers. Original Market Diner has great food and pies. The pizza at the cafeteria is very good.

You also have the luxury of Uber Eats.

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/24/19 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig

I spent many nights on a couch at UTSW last year and the year before. Also work that area. SlowBone is a few minutes away and great BBQ. Maple & Motor has great burgers. Original Market Diner has great food and pies. The pizza at the cafeteria is very good.

Thank You for the suggestions! I hope all is well for you now. The Doctors we are seeing all seem at the top of their profession.
Posted By: leswad

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 12/30/19 03:56 AM

Mama’s Daughters’ Diner on Irving Blvd.

http://mamasdaughtersdiner.com/
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Where to eat Dallas (UT Southwest) - 01/10/20 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig

Thank You for the suggestions! I hope all is well for you now. The Doctors we are seeing all seem at the top of their profession.

They are some of the top. Unfortunately we were told from the beginning that it was terminal. He is at peace now.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum