Posted By: JimBridger

Hometown Restaurant & Bakery Decatur TX - 09/07/19 01:17 AM

Has anyone tried this place yet?
Posted By: 3x8

Re: Hometown Restaurant & Bakery Decatur TX - 11/08/19 08:13 PM

Where at in Decatur?
Posted By: Cast

Re: Hometown Restaurant & Bakery Decatur TX - 11/08/19 08:23 PM

That place has never been good. Now they want to be a bakery and a deli. Before they were Cajun and steak. Make your mind up already.
Posted By: WeldTX

Re: Hometown Restaurant & Bakery Decatur TX - 11/09/19 03:42 AM

Frillys wasn’t that bad... as long as you didn’t mind everything fried haha. It started out decent but went down hill pretty quickly after the natural gas boom left north Texas. I haven’t been back since it has changed to hometown but my wife and kids, as well as my parents say it’s decent. They say it compares closely to Brandis on the square in Decatur as well as the other location in Bridgeport
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Hometown Restaurant & Bakery Decatur TX - 11/10/19 03:07 AM

Went there for lunch a few weeks back. Don’t bother with the CFS. That’s the gold standard of Texas cafe style restaurants and they failed miserably. Super crispy crust that fell apart the moment you looked at it. Meat was tough as well. I am sure their breakfast isn’t terrible. As stated before, that place hasn’t had a good track record.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Hometown Restaurant & Bakery Decatur TX - 11/10/19 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by topwater13
As stated before, that place hasn’t had a good track record.

I haven't been in there lately, but when it was a BBQ place it was terrible. Frilly's had a few good items I liked back in the day though.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum