Texas Hunting Forum

Something different (East TX)

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Something different (East TX) - 06/28/19 03:44 PM

Wanting to try something new / different, wife and I will be on the road Saturday probably to Tyler (may end up just coming to Mesquite - same distance). Talk me into trying a new / different restaurant. Go.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Something different (East TX) - 06/28/19 06:31 PM

Country Tavern's always good. It's a little closer to Kilgore than Tyler.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Something different (East TX) - 06/29/19 03:26 AM

Buttermilk’s Canton.
Posted By: mbscdh

Re: Something different (East TX) - 06/29/19 03:48 AM

Moore's Store or The Forge is both good in Ben Wheeler. May be crowded being First Monday weekend.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Something different (East TX) - 06/29/19 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Posted By: Erny

Re: Something different (East TX) - 07/13/19 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by LonestarCobra
Originally Posted by jetdad

X3
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Something different (East TX) - 07/23/19 02:32 PM

The new fish place in Palestine,Bernhards, is getting rave reviews so far. On Bus Hwy 79 aka E Palestine Ave a 1/2 block INSIDE the Loop and Hwy 79 is tween the Loop @ Hwy 155 to the north and Hwy 84 to the south ....same side of the street & real close to Sheps BBQ, aka the best BBQ in Anderson County & across the street from the GMC dealer and couple big motels.

A couple buddys tried the All You Can Eat mid day buffet and came away so full they snoozed all afternoon. Took over the location from a long term Mexican place that finally folded, so it's a Large full blown restaurant.
Ron
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Something different (East TX) - 07/23/19 08:57 PM

When traveling to new areas I tend to look at the Day Tripper and Texas Bucket List websites to see where they have eaten in the area I am going to .
Posted By: Couzin

Re: Something different (East TX) - 08/12/19 11:00 PM

Yia Yia's Greek on Scyene in Mesquite. The gyro is excellent and they have other offerings. Small and funky.
Posted By: Eagle 1

Re: Something different (East TX) - 08/13/19 10:35 PM

Little Italy in Tyler is a small mom and pop place that's pretty good. It's BYOB so don't forget that.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum