Texas Hunting Forum

Where do you get the best tamales

Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Where do you get the best tamales - 04/27/19 12:58 AM

If you don't make your own, where do you go? How many dozen do you get? Only on holidays or year round?
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/27/19 01:35 AM

I get them at Mendez Bakery in Gainesville. They are the best I've had. I get pork. I get them year round and a dozen at a time. I like to have them fresh.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/27/19 02:10 AM

We get ours from the Balderas Tamale Factory on Jones Road in NW Houston when we go that way. Great tamales. Been eating them for 30 years. The spicy chicken tamales are terrific. Prices are reasonable and the tamales are not tiny. Place your order by phone before you go there, if you want a bunch of them.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/27/19 02:28 AM

Tommy Tamale on Northwest Highway in Grapevine, year round.

The last thing I do on Friday before driving down for opening weekend is pick up two dozen of their BBQ Tamales. The best I have ever had.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/27/19 12:58 PM

Tyler tortilla factory. I’ll get them probably 3-4 times a year. Usually get 2 dozen at a time and they never last long at my house.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/27/19 01:11 PM

In Graham there is a Mexican lady that makes them in her house for $10 a dozen IIRC. Uses a lot of garlic and free hot sauce. up
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/27/19 08:22 PM

Go online and order from Delias Tamales, from the Valley. They ship, thank me later.
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/27/19 08:33 PM

La Nortena in Pecps are the best I've ever had
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/28/19 01:16 AM

We have a couple locals that make them.....
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/28/19 10:40 PM

Tia Dora off of Hampton
Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/28/19 11:07 PM

[i][/i]
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Go online and order from Delias Tamales, from the Valley. They ship, thank me later.

Never heard of them but just placed an order! Love good tamales so we'll see... up
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/28/19 11:17 PM

Anyone's mom out in our shop.
Posted By: trapperben

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/29/19 01:44 AM

Pronto Mart in Lubbock is my favorite here. Pedros are ok.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/29/19 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Anyone's mom out in our shop.

There it is.....
Posted By: HWY72

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/29/19 11:50 AM

In San Antonio - Tellez on General McMullen or Rudy's on S. Flores, both excellent.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/29/19 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
Tia Dora off of Hampton

If this is the same one at 2478 W. Illinois ave dallas tx 75233 it looks fantastic, I am going for the Meaty Miga Bowl food

http://tiadorasbakery.com/

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/29/19 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by TXSIGNGUY
[i][/i]

Never heard of them but just placed an order! Love good tamales so we'll see... up

up About to order some myself.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/29/19 05:30 PM

Mmmm, tamales!
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 04/30/19 05:55 PM

I was browsing on Laramie Classifieds on FB and found a gal making and selling tamales I ordered 2 dozen and she delivered. They are awesome, green chile chicken and red pork. Look around online and see if anyone local is making any. I'll be a regular buyer now.
Tommy Tamale is good , had them while down at Christmas.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 05/01/19 09:34 PM

Saucedo's or Manuel's in Odessa.
Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 05/03/19 03:00 PM

[i][/i]

My order was delivered 3 days after ordering on a Sunday. They were short a Dozen of the Pork tamales of the 5 I ordered! Like pulling teethe to get them to make it right but We had a dozen Pork tamales last night for dinner and I have to say they were GOOD. I also ordered a dozen of the Sweet desert Cream Cheese tamales they offered. They were OK but I'm not much of a sweets eater so I wouldn't order them again for myself but the Wife and 14yr old enjoyed them.

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 05/03/19 03:56 PM

[i][/i]

My order was delivered 3 days after ordering on a Sunday. They were short a Dozen of the Pork tamales of the 5 I ordered! Like pulling teethe to get them to make it right but We had a dozen Pork tamales last night for dinner and I have to say they were GOOD. I also ordered a dozen of the Sweet desert Cream Cheese tamales they offered. They were OK but I'm not much of a sweets eater so I wouldn't order them again for myself but the Wife and 14yr old enjoyed them.

Sorry to hear that they screwed your order up. They are good tamales though...
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 05/03/19 04:30 PM

thanks to you I've now got an order from Best Stop in Scott and Delias Tamales in transit; I'll send you the bill if either suck roflmao

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 05/03/19 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by HoldPoint

thanks to you I've now got an order from Best Stop in Scott and Delias Tamales in transit; I'll send you the bill if either suck roflmao

roflmao I don't think you'll be disappointed. grin
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 06/28/19 03:01 PM

Tommy Tamale Grapevine and Coppell. Year round. Voted best tamale in DFW last year
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 06/28/19 10:15 PM

Funny.....there used to be a really small Mexican tire shop close by. I'd take them lawn mower and tractor tires and such. The Mom of the family sold tamales on the side and there was a poster board hand scrawled sign in the door with types and prices. They bought the lot next to them and built a very nice new facility. Gorgeous red brick, huge bays, all the newest tire stuff, neon signs and all. The new shop wasn't open three days before that same poster board hand scrawled sign showed up on their door.

That being said, her tamales are good, but not great. I get mine from Jesse's Tortilla Factory in Waco, just about four blocks from my office. I'll get a dozen every now and then for lunch, with a bag of chips and some of their salsa. Good stuff.
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 06/30/19 02:07 AM

Slow Drifter, thanks for the memories. I went through all 4 years of high school in Waco and my first wife was from Waco. I used to go to what I believe was Jessie's Tortilla Factory back in the late 60's or early 70's. I used to watch the owner make tortillas and he taught me how to make cheese enchiladas. Those were fond memories...….the enchiladas...….not the wife. roflmao
Posted By: SenkoSamurai

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 07/01/19 04:54 PM

Any in the Plano/McKinney area?
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Where do you get the best tamales - 07/01/19 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by twinbubba
Slow Drifter, thanks for the memories. I went through all 4 years of high school in Waco and my first wife was from Waco. I used to go to what I believe was Jessie's Tortilla Factory back in the late 60's or early 70's. I used to watch the owner make tortillas and he taught me how to make cheese enchiladas. Those were fond memories...….the enchiladas...….not the wife. roflmao

Probably was. Little white building on Webster downtown. It's been there since the early 50's. Glad you enjoyed a trip down memory lane.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum