Texas Hunting Forum

Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/18/19 09:53 PM

Hico, Texas.....

stopping there tomorrow for late breakfast. it was terrible at deer season. i'll give everyone (almost) a second shot at my money. i'll report back Sunday night
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/19/19 02:28 AM

The chicken strips and chocolate pie are good. The other items are usually meh.
Posted By: erathar

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/19/19 09:50 AM

Why risk it with so many good options in Sville?
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/19/19 01:36 PM

I stop in on occasion, but it is always about the pie...
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/21/19 04:28 AM

I stopped to eat there once....ONCE! won't be a twice....

Posted By: Stub

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/21/19 01:04 PM

How was it confused2

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/21/19 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
How was it confused2

Bad enough I won't be back....too many better choices available..... 2cents
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/22/19 01:21 AM

Yep. Ate there once. It was 'meh', at best. Pie looked good but meringue was 12" high. Not that big a fan of meringue. We pass it often to hit hwy 281, then on down to Burnet to get a 'Storms special'. Great burgers at Storms.
Posted By: erathar

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/23/19 02:10 AM

Must have sucked for the second time and he is still wishing he would have stopped somewhere in Sville.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/23/19 04:26 PM

I like good pie. Made it a point to stop there about 10 years ago after Texas Monthly had a write up about how good their pie was. It wasn't bad, wasn't all that good, but wasn't bad. Not sure who they paid what to get into Texas Monthly with it.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/23/19 05:00 PM

It’s one of the few places with lemon meringue pie, but I’m not comfy there due to the alleged KKK connection.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/23/19 05:35 PM

it used to be a regular stop for us when traveling between Burnet and Weatherford, about half way. I haven't been in there in probably 10 years. They used to be known for the breakfast and pies.

We were visiting at my brother's house in Burnet last weekend and my SIL's cousin came down from the DFW area, stopped at the Koffee Kup Kafe and bought an apple pie. My wife tried a slice, said it was just "okay".
Posted By: chalet

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/23/19 11:04 PM

Its not hard to make a really good apple pie so that says something. My wife makes the best lemon meringue around, using store bought crust at that.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/24/19 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Cast
It’s one of the few places with lemon meringue pie, but I’m not comfy there due to the alleged KKK connection.

head of KKK in Texas lived on the South side of town at one time.

Originally Posted by Erathkid
Yep. Ate there once. It was 'meh', at best. Pie looked good but meringue was 12" high. Not that big a fan of meringue. We pass it often to hit hwy 281, then on down to Burnet to get a 'Storms special'. Great burgers at Storms.

Storms Bugers or Cor-don-blue both are good. From Hico to Burnett you pass 2 other Storms on 281 getting to Burnett (Hamilton and Lampasas) just in case you are hungry on the way.

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/24/19 01:58 AM

Storms rocks....
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/24/19 02:04 AM

It was quite a novelty to wear a Koffee Kup t-shirt in high school. I've grown up since then.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 04/26/19 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by kmon1
Originally Posted by Cast

head of KKK in Texas lived on the South side of town at one time.

Originally Posted by Erathkid

Storms Bugers or Cor-don-blue both are good. From Hico to Burnett you pass 2 other Storms on 281 getting to Burnett (Hamilton and Lampasas) just in case you are hungry on the way.

Yep. Just usually wait until we get to Burnet. The one in Lampasas is on the wrong side of the road. confused2
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 05/04/19 04:35 AM

If you’re ever in Sedona, Arizona, you most definitely should eat at the Coffee Cup Cafe and I highly encourage you to try the #80 omelette. Corn beef hash with cheese omelette, nom nom nom.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Koffee Kup Kafe, 1 more chance - 05/06/19 02:36 AM

I forgot about this post

it was still meh

I need another EXCEPTIONAL BREAKFAST place about two hours headed south for this years deer hunt in Bandera.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum