Texas Hunting Forum

Mama’s Cafe in Burnet

Posted By: 603Country

Mama’s Cafe in Burnet - 04/12/19 12:31 AM

Had the chicken fried steak there today. Excellent, and big. The wife ate all of hers, which is rare. I was hoping for her to say she couldn’t eat it all, so I could ‘help out’. Best we’ve had in quite a while.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Mama’s Cafe in Burnet - 04/12/19 05:20 PM

worthless
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Mama’s Cafe in Burnet - 04/12/19 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
worthless

I thought something was wrong with my computer because it wasn't displaying the obligatory pics. I think 603Country has gone renegade on us. confused2
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Mama’s Cafe in Burnet - 04/12/19 09:08 PM

I have criticized people too many times and for too many years for posting food pictures on FB, so I think it might be hypocritical of me to post pictures here or anywhere. And...gotta say it, I dug into that CFS like a fat kid on a candy bar, and it never occurred to me to take pictures. My CFS was eaten almost as fast as the wife ate hers. She beat me in speed eating, and that just never happens. Even the wife said that was the best CFS she’s had.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Mama’s Cafe in Burnet - 04/12/19 09:27 PM

I enjoy a good food photo, especially from places I have never been to. What I don't like are blurry photos and constantly reused photos.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Mama’s Cafe in Burnet - 04/22/19 04:00 PM

We ate there a while back following a funeral for my wife's aunt. I thought it was pretty good as well, I don't recall what I had or anyone else around the table but everyone seemed to enjoy their dish. The BBQ place almost directly across from Mama's, Payne BBQ is also pretty good. Wife and I ate there Saturday while going to visit her uncle. She had the senior chicken plate (1/2 bird) which was very good (and as I have stated, if I think chicken is pretty good, it must be special since I am not a big fowl person). I had brisket & spicy sausage, which was also pretty good. I digress ... yes, I thought Mama's was pretty decent home style cooking.
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Mama’s Cafe in Burnet - 04/23/19 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
Had the chicken fried steak there today. Excellent, and big. The wife ate all of hers, which is rare. I was hoping for her to say she couldn’t eat it all, so I could ‘help out’. Best we’ve had in quite a while.

Small world. We fished Inks Lake on Good Friday. We were starving and the guide suggested Mamas. I had the CF as stated above. My youngest had a cheeseburger and my wife and oldest daughter both had the catfish special.

The food was all good. They had a small town band playing, looked like some teens and they sounded pretty decent. Place was packed. Good eats for sure.
Posted By: thegrouse

Re: Mama’s Cafe in Burnet - 04/23/19 07:29 PM

Are they in cahoots with the Mama's Cafe in San Antonio?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum