Texas Hunting Forum

Convenience stores in you area

Posted By: 7mag

Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 01:10 PM

Living in the armpit of the world and getting something quick is almost a daily routine. IMO the best stores as far as cleanness, decent bathrooms for the ladies, stocked etc is Kent Kwik. Jack's convience stores have recently started popping up and they appear clean etc. we shall see how that holds out.

Stripes is ok but their bathrooms are pretty nasty. As crazy as it sounds the burritos are pretty good at most of them. 7-11s around here are filthy. I can't say I have ever been in a nice clean one. They re did them and they look ok on the outside but you can't place a tarp on $hit. At the end of the day it's still $hit.

I love me some Buccees!!!!! Mega convenience stores. Clean and clean bathrooms, decent grub, feeders, coolers, beer, ice,gas etc. If anyone knows a corporate guy tell em to build one between Hoedessa and Midland. "Build it and they will come".
Posted By: Stub

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 02:07 PM

My favorite is One Stop in Runaway Bay off 380 west of Bridgeport on the lake, good food, great folks up
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 02:26 PM

On my way out to my place there is a c-store that opened a year or so ago in Desdemona. I think they call it Cactus Corner - intersection of 8 and 16. Pretty clean all around and nice folks. Easy in and out.
Posted By: Eagle 1

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 03:44 PM

We have several good ones:
1. Pak-a-Sak: great selection of drinks and snacks
2. Toot and Totum: a close second because Pak-a-Sak has better ice
3. Allsups: Burritos...nuff said
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
My favorite is One Stop in Runaway Bay off 380 west of Bridgeport. Good food, great folks up

good one. also a vote for allsups.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
My favorite is One Stop in Runaway Bay off 380 west of Bridgeport. Good food, great folks up

Good beer selection too!
Posted By: janie

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 04:47 PM

My fav's in no particular order. QT. Racetrac and Pilot.
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 05:14 PM

Allsups in Graham TX, was in a bind and needed some corn and Wally was ridiculous in price for a 40# bag so bought 20 bags from Allsups. Got some beer and other staples and went to start loading it in the truck and the skinny ol gal from the register was outside loading the 50# bags. My wife was sitting in the truck with her mouth wide open.
I tipped the gal and placed a call to their corporate office the following Monday. Hope she got some recognition.
Oh and their burritos rock!

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cast
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Good beer selection too!

Watch out for the PoPo in Runaway Bay, their Radar is always out nuts
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 05:26 PM

That Stripes (the biggest one) in Ozona has to be one of the most overused, beat to crap filling stations in the state, if not the country. Never rely on the men's room being working. Cross-country travelers + oil field..."gentlemen" grin (not to mention hunters) really do a number on a place.
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 05:28 PM

Buc-ee's beats them all. They lure you in with cheap fuel and super clean restrooms because they know you're going to drop 20 bucks on junk food.

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by TexasKC
Buc-ee's beats them all. They lure you in with cheap fuel and super clean restrooms because they know you're going to drop 20 bucks on junk food.

Heck their deer corn is way cheap to up
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pigsicles
Allsups in Graham TX, was in a bind and needed some corn and Wally was ridiculous in price for a 40# bag so bought 20 bags from Allsups. Got some beer and other staples and went to start loading it in the truck and the skinny ol gal from the register was outside loading the 50# bags. My wife was sitting in the truck with her mouth wide open.
I tipped the gal and placed a call to their corporate office the following Monday. Hope she got some recognition.
Oh and their burritos rock!

That's the way we roll here!!!! Please come back.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
That Stripes (the biggest one) in Ozona has to be one of the most overused, beat to crap filling stations in the state, if not the country. Never rely on the men's room being working. Cross-country travelers + oil field..."gentlemen" grin (not to mention hunters) really do a number on a place.

I try to avoid that place at all costs. It’s always a zoo
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/22/19 08:07 PM

Stopped at the TA in Sweetwater Texas to get some adult beverages. I went 16 times around the store looking for the beer fridge. A clerk finally asks what I am looking for and I tell her. She states "we don't sale any" WTH??!!! hammer
Posted By: Screwdriver

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/23/19 01:08 AM

It's very surprising when I drive through there and don't see a cop in a speed trap or writing a ticket. I wonder how much of that city's budget comes from traffic enforcement.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/23/19 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Screwdriver

It's very surprising when I drive through there and don't see a cop in a speed trap or writing a ticket. I wonder how much of that city's budget comes from traffic enforcement.

A few years back, maybe 15 or so it was reported on WFAA 8 News in DFW that 3 cars pulled in $76K in tickets in a 6 month period if my memory serves me correctly. Was considered one of the highest generating towns in the state for its size.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/23/19 02:12 AM

Don't remember the last time I ever went inside one.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Convenience stores in you area - 01/23/19 11:59 AM

My favorite is One Stop in Runaway Bay off 380 west of Bridgeport on the lake, good food, great folks up

I stop there going and coming from Graham. Good folks. Their steaks in the butcher shop are great too.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum