Texas Hunting Forum

Hamburger Joints

Posted By: Stub

Hamburger Joints - 10/30/18 09:09 PM

The wife and I are going to Snuffers tonight for their $5.00 Cheesebuger and brothers and sisters it is Gooood.
Every Tuesday all day they have the $5.00 special so if you live close to one try it. We also get the Cheese fires and they are way good too food
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Hamburgers - 10/30/18 09:09 PM

up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Hamburgers - 10/31/18 02:54 PM

food

Re: Hamburgers - 10/31/18 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
food

We need to hit Dales again up
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Hamburgers - 10/31/18 06:54 PM

I like Snuffers but the 2 closest to me closed.

Burgers are good. Best fried beef strips around.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Hamburgers - 11/05/18 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
The wife and I are going to Snuffers tonight for their $5.00 Cheesebuger and brothers and sisters it is Gooood.
Every Tuesday all day they have the $5.00 special so if you live close to one try it. We also get the Cheese fires and they are way good too food

Their cheese fries are hard to beat. If you are ever not in the mood for a burger, they have some great steak fingers too.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Hamburgers - 11/06/18 02:52 PM

grill up
Posted By: janie

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/06/18 04:46 PM

I love a good cheeseburger. David, if you ever take a road trip north, Smashburger in Prosper is good, and so is Burger Fixin's in Celina.

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/06/18 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: janie
I love a good cheeseburger. David, if you ever take a road trip north, Smashburger in Prosper is good, and so is Burger Fixin's in Celina.

Just ate at Smashburger in Coppell last week, good stuff and yes I love a good Cheeseburger food
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/07/18 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: janie

Just ate at Smashburger in Coppell last week, good stuff and yes I love a good Cheeseburger food
Delimans in Coppell has a really good burger!!
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/07/18 04:13 PM

Stub, Find you a Burger Island. You can thank me later.
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/07/18 04:35 PM

Try Steak Express burgers on Monday. Half price just 4 bucks They are good burgers
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/07/18 04:39 PM

Try Steak Express burgers on Monday. Half price just 4 bucks They are good burgers

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/07/18 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: YellowDog

Google does not show one in the DFW area, where are they?
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/07/18 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: YellowDog

Have you been to Freds cafe? best burger you'll ever eat.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/07/18 07:02 PM

If you’re ever in Terrell, try Jungle Burger. They are good and veggies are fresh. They will cook it to your liking. I prefer rare, I like my burger to make its own sauce and they will often due the bun red from the blood. The burgers are greasy and will run down your arms.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/07/18 09:44 PM

Kenny’s has been my go to lately
Posted By: Eagle 1

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/07/18 10:29 PM

I'll put Coyote Bluff in Amarillo up against anybody...
Posted By: leswad

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/08/18 02:21 AM

I am hearing great things about this place:

image uploading site
Posted By: Cast

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/08/18 01:54 PM

They’re doing to burgers what they did to nachos and fajitas. Nachos are chips, cheese, and japs. Fajitas are beef skirt steak strips. Burgers are bread, bun, lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Cheese and japs optional.

Burger Street makes a great burger. Whataburger makes one almost as good. I won’t pay a bunch for a designer burger.
Posted By: Stick 711

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/09/18 12:38 PM

Try Roadhouse in Bastrop. Best burger I've had.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/10/18 07:20 PM

The Malt Shop in Anna is good as is MG's in Sherman.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/11/18 12:14 AM

I generally get crispy chicken sandwiches. I got burned out on white meat last Thanksgiving. I tried all the burger joints. The Jumbo Jack with cheese was my favorite.
Posted By: Nitro27

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/29/18 06:39 PM

grubs burger bar in midland any twisted root
Boots burgers in Rockwall
Posted By: jhunter77

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/29/18 07:17 PM

Marty B's in Argyle has a great burger
The Chop Shop in Roanoke is pretty darn good
Outlaw Burger in Justin maybe the best yet. If go get the Outlaw if you like them HOT
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/29/18 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Stick 711

They are good. We go to the Roadhouse in Paige.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/29/18 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Stick 711

There are better burgers to be had, Hupcap Grill or Lanes Grocery destroy their burger.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/30/18 12:14 AM

The best burger I’ve ever had that I didn’t cook myself was in Crane TX. If you get a chance eat at the dump right next to Dairy Queen on the main drag. The outside looks like hell but it’s clean as a whistle inside and consistently good. I don’t even know the name of the place but I’m glad the girl pissed me off at the drive through Dairy Queen my first time in town in 25 years, because I found something good next door.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/30/18 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by janie

burger fixins still there? i used to sell him his food.

also sold deliman Grill, same guy owned the Coppel Deli. he bought a ton of 73/27 bulk ground beef. makes THE BEST burger
Posted By: Chopped54

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/08/18 12:10 AM

Snuffers burgers are mediocre at best. Only reason to even go there is for the cheese fries and beer.

Originally Posted by Eagle 1

One of the best burgers I have had. Got the Burger From Hell thinking it was going to be ridiculously hot, perfect blend!
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/08/18 12:18 AM

In our travels, Coyote Bluff and Rodeo Goat have been tested. Rodeo Goat was good, but Coyote Bluff was terrific. I could argue that it was the best burger I’ve had. If not the absolute best, it’s still in my burger hall of fame.

Others: Beck’s Prime in Houston, Twisted Root in Waco.

Does anybody remember Gourmet Burger in Houston. Their No. 10 burger was hall of fame good.
Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/10/18 05:12 PM

Too many good places to list. We need to a separate page for each region of the state!
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/10/18 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by jhunter77
Outlaw Burger in Justin maybe the best yet. If go get the Outlaw if you like them HOT

Marty B’s does have some great burgers.
Their Steaks are pricey,
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/11/18 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pappybear
Originally Posted by jhunter77

Marty B’s does have some great burgers.
Their Steaks are pricey,

Food and service are great.... I’ll gladly pay.

That’s a pretty good drive from Bowie or Crowell though...
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/11/18 04:21 PM

IMO, best Pricey burger is at "The Table" in Highland Village. Kincaids and Fiveguys are good, Fred's in Ft. Worth takes best not so pricey cool place over all experience joint.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/11/18 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Eagle 1

Used to love eating there when I lived in Amarillo. Still make a pitstop any time I am in town!
Posted By: mdryg1970

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/12/18 07:45 PM

Love Shack in the Stockyard is solid as they come.

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/12/18 08:07 PM

Herd's in Jacksboro is pretty good.

Herd's
Posted By: boliverpete

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/12/18 08:58 PM

Nicky D's (not McDonald's) in Crowley is still my favorite. Tried Fuego burgers in Rendon and they were good to. Both great hole in the wall places for burgers. Rodeo Goat was pretty good as well.

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/13/18 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by boliverpete
Nicky D's (not McDonald's) in Crowley is still my favorite. Tried Fuego burgers in Rendon and they were good to. Both great hole in the wall places for burgers. Rodeo Goat was pretty good as well.

I see fuego is back on our side of town. I'll have to give them a try. Chubby's is back open as well.
Posted By: Archer Anthony

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/15/18 05:17 PM

Ok My Top Burger Choices in DFW. If you try these you wont be dissapointed. Not in any specific order

Ye Ole Butcher Shop, Plano TX Really GOOD Buff Burgers
WIngfields, South Dallas (ghetto) But one of the best burgers ive ate
Woodys in Mineral Wells
Hole in the wall cafe in New Castle TX

These are all hole in the wall style but delicious
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/15/18 10:42 PM

Has anyone mentioned Kincaid's in west FW. This was one of our go to places when I was a pup..
Posted By: Murphscout

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/25/18 03:51 AM

Kincaids in FTW and Mighty Fine in Austin
Posted By: Shane431

Re: Hamburger Joints - 12/25/18 04:41 AM

There’s a place in Gorman that has a pretty good burger. We used to always go there when we had a lease out that way. They had the best buns.
Posted By: WILLIED72

Re: Hamburger Joints - 01/06/19 09:18 PM

One and Only Burger in McKinney is really good.. 5 and 380...
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Hamburger Joints - 01/06/19 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Shaner
There’s a place in Gorman that has a pretty good burger. We used to always go there when we had a lease out that way. They had the best buns.

Is it the place that looks like an old DQ?
Posted By: JimmyG

Re: Hamburger Joints - 01/07/19 08:21 PM

If you are in Mt Pleasant try Randy's. Pretty good eat'n

Re: Hamburger Joints - 01/07/19 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by snake oil
Has anyone mentioned Kincaid's in west FW. This was one of our go to places when I was a pup..

Years ago there was a little beer joint in Ivan that offered very cold beer and a great burger. It's long gone now though.
Posted By: Pigsicles

Re: Hamburger Joints - 01/08/19 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Choctaw
Originally Posted by snake oil

Years ago there was a little beer joint in Ivan that offered very cold beer and a great burger. It's long gone now though.

I believe you are referring to Daddy D's and it was a great little place and had one of the best Ribeyes I have ever had.
Prickly Patch across the road from the old Daddy D's building has a decent burger and cold beer. No other choices in Ivan so it's the "best" burger in the area.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Hamburger Joints - 01/08/19 06:16 PM

East Texas Burger Company in downtown Mineola is worth trying.

https://www.easttexasburger.com
Posted By: CB09

Re: Hamburger Joints - 01/08/19 08:40 PM

I had Storms in Burnet on the way back form the ranch on Sunday and it was great.
Posted By: 3x8

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/08/19 08:28 PM

Wing Daddy's Little Elm/ Frisco and Plano Has a great Hamburger called the Fixers upper and Cool beer
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/08/19 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by YellowDog

Have you been to Freds cafe? best burger you'll ever eat.

X2 on Fred's.
Posted By: Rifleman1775

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/10/19 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by leswad

[Linked Image]image uploading site

I can vouch for The Rodeo Goat....their burgers are awesome. If ever in Dickinson, go to TJ Reed's. Top notch burgers and service!

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/10/19 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rifleman1775
Originally Posted by leswad

[Linked Image]image uploading site

I can vouch for The Rodeo Goat....their burgers are awesome. If ever in Dickinson, go to TJ Reed's. Top notch burgers and service!

I guess you can't just get a good hold burger there. Pass.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/10/19 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I guess you can't just get a good hold burger there. Pass.

Yeah, I’m sure those burgers are good on their own merit, but I will take a regular burger with ice burg lettuce, onion, tomato, and mustard. I see they have one named after Neil Young, that alone would be almost enough to keep me out of that joint.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/10/19 10:14 PM

WIngfields
Bell’s better burger
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/11/19 12:09 AM

For whatever reason, there are a few that don’t like Giant Burger in Rhome. To me, they are the best for a simple burger. FWIW, the same people don’t like Pappas bros for steaks.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/11/19 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by topwater13
For whatever reason, there are a few that don’t like Giant Burger in Rhome. To me, they are the best for a simple burger. FWIW, the same people don’t like Pappas bros for steaks.

Not liking Pappas Bro is almost blasphemy

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/11/19 12:51 AM

I did like the Road Runner better, but Giant Burger is growing on me. The owner has annoyed me a few times though. I’ve never been to Pappas.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/11/19 01:04 AM

Al's in Arlington is hard to beat. Slipped a little since Al's gone but still pretty solid.
Posted By: topwater13

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/11/19 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cast

I did like the Road Runner better, but Giant Burger is growing on me. The owner has annoyed me a few times though. I’ve never been to Pappas.

It wasn't you Cast...lol. Where is Road Runner?

Re: Hamburger Joints - 11/11/19 05:42 PM

Road Runner was the cafe that sat where the Exxon/Giant Burger sits now. Maybe 20 years ago. Great calf fries with a view of Eagle Mountain lake. We ate there regularly. Of course it was just them and Tater Junction back then. Sadly, both are now gone.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum