Texas Hunting Forum

Chinese Buffet's

Posted By: Stub

Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 12:19 PM

Which one is your favorite and who has been to the Great Wall in Plano? Good stuff up

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 12:21 PM

My go to favorite the fish & spicy soup yingyang

Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 12:53 PM

I'll have to give it a try. I don't go to Chinese buffets often and in fact haven't been to one in years. It was always my experience they were fantastic when they first opened then they go cheap on the food and be out of business within 2 years.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 01:07 PM

They all suck.

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw
They all suck.

You are wrong bigbob hammer This one is very good food

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
They all suck.

sir, that is cheap frozen food. I can eat it, but it's not "good" Chinese. Now, first chinese bbq in arlington is the bomb.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 03:25 PM

They all suck.

We hit one every once in a while....there is a good one in Tyler. We hit it once or twice a year.... yingyang
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 03:28 PM

Japan house in Plano. I love sushi, and believe it or not, you can find good sushi on a buffet...at very few places, but this is one of them!

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 03:29 PM

They all suck.

sir, that is cheap frozen food. I can eat it, but it's not "good" Chinese. Now, first chinese bbq in arlington is the bomb.

Might be frozen I do not care, it taste very good and is reasonably priced up
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 04:22 PM

I'm not a big fan of Oriental food..
Posted By: sallysue

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: snake oil
Me I luv it

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: snake oil

PC.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 05:29 PM

Haven't had one in my area for years. A new one just opened near me. It's called Panda Express. May give it a try if they have beer. Love Chinese food. Just cooked this one awhile back.

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 05:51 PM

Panda express is good for the money. Ours is just about to open.
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 05:55 PM

Panda Express is not a buffet though.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 05:56 PM

Panda opens up fine and goes downhill just like the others. I want the old school Chinese where mamasan cooks it up after we order and we eat family style from covered dishes. And the food is HOT.

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
Panda opens up fine and goes downhill just like the others. I want the old school Chinese where mamasan cooks it up after we order and we eat family style from covered dishes. And the food is HOT.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/first-chinese-bbq-arlington-3

simply awesome.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 06:26 PM

I've been to Panda Express only 3-4 times and it was nothing to write home about ...

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
I've been to Panda Express only 3-4 times and it was nothing to write home about ...

bigbob you dare knock the Great Wall and then say Panda Express is good for the money scratch Really hammer
There is a Panda Express close and for $7.90 you get a good portion of food, but the food at the Great Wall is so much better and all you can eat food whether it is frozen or freshly harvested from the China Sea and flown in daily laugh
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Haven't had one in my area for years. A new one just opened near me. It's called Panda Express. May give it a try if they have beer. Love Chinese food. Just cooked this one awhile back.

Panda Express is a huge chain and not a buffet. Probably the worst food you can eat.
Posted By: maximum

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: GunsUp18
. . . . It was always my experience they were fantastic when they first opened then they go cheap on the food and be out of business within 2 years.

^ ^ ^ ^ THIS ^ ^ ^ ^
B.I.L. has a theory that all these new eatin' joints (not just chinese)
have experienced professional cooks come in for the first few months
until they get established, then hire cheap border jumpers to cook just
like most every other place does. i believe it because it happens too
much in every region.
my personal theory is that a whole lot of folks get so plastered when
they eat out that they couldn't tell a good plate of food from a plate
of canned dog food with sprig of cilantro on the side

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 07:54 PM

bigbob you dare knock the Great Wall and then say Panda Express is good for the money scratch Really hammer
There is a Panda Express close and for $7.90 you get a good portion of food, but the food at the Great Wall is so much better and all you can eat food whether it is frozen or freshly harvested from the China Sea and flown in daily laugh

I don't love panda, but it's passable. besides, the great wall might as well be in china. no way I drive that far for buffet.

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 07:56 PM

I don't love panda, but it's passable. besides, the great wall might as well be in china. no way I drive that far for buffet.

I understand the drive, if you are ever on this side of the track pm me and lets go!

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 09:19 PM

We don't have a single edible buffet in Fort Worth. We used to have many.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast

If you're ever passing through Waco and get a hankerin' for GOOD Chinese food, hit up the Cathay House. It's been there for years. Nice place. It's Cantonese style, and everything except the soup comes out on one of those covered dishes. It's seriously like walking back in time.

Funny story about that place. We ate there quite a bit when I was a kid, back in the early 70's through mid-80's. I ran off and joined the Marine Corps and when I got out I got a job not far from it. I hadn't darkened their door in a good 30 years and as soon as I walked in the old woman behind the register pointed at me and said, "You Joe's boy!". It was like a little reunion.

Edited to add: As far as buffets go, if they have that garlic chicken I'll all but founder myself on it. food
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/30/18 11:31 PM

We don't have a single edible buffet in Fort Worth. We used to have many.

There used to be one over by Ginger Browns that was decent. We would go there once every other week when I worked at the Caterpillar Dealer on 820. We were in there with a big eater from work, and I swear he ate a whole pan of orange chicken. The little guy in there came to the table and said- you eat orange chicken for one hour, eat more vegetable! Our coworker replied with- sit down hopsing.

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/31/18 12:52 AM

Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/31/18 01:05 AM

Good god that was funny!

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/31/18 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo1
Good god that was funny!

That it is good one bigbob rofl
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/31/18 01:10 PM

roflmao
Good One
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/31/18 07:04 PM

Grand Buffet in Huntsville is the best one I have been to.
Posted By: Whack n stack

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/31/18 09:07 PM

i have been to great wall in plano once, don't plan on ever going back... flush
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 10/31/18 09:47 PM

I've been wanting to try the King Buffet in Plano, but the timing has to be right, me and my whole family have to be hungry enough at the same time. Can anyone verify that King Buffet Plano is worth trying?
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 11/05/18 12:48 PM

I've got to go with Stub on this one. I love Chinese food, but tend to avoid buffets. That being said, when I am in the mood for a Chinese Buffet, Great Wall is by far my favorite and the only one I will go to these days.
Posted By: boliverpete

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 11/12/18 09:42 PM

Can't say I've found a Chinese buffet that I like. I prefer it where they bring me what I order or take out.
Posted By: foxrocket

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 11/15/18 08:33 PM

There used to be some great ones in San Antonio. But I've tried almost every single one in town and they are all disgusting. No one has real cooks in the back anymore. They all buy premade frozen garbage from Ben E Keith or Cisco and just heat it up. Every place has the same variety and they all taste the same.
Posted By: txmudder

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 11/18/18 03:05 PM

Not a buffet, but Empress of China in Irving has always been my favorite Chinese food place.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 11/18/18 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Gravytrain
I've been wanting to try the King Buffet in Plano, but the timing has to be right, me and my whole family have to be hungry enough at the same time. Can anyone verify that King Buffet Plano is worth trying?

King buffet in Plano and the one on Northwest highway/35E are both better than any others I have been to....
Posted By: Hooker

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 11/18/18 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by Stub
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
They all suck.

We hit one every once in a while....there is a good one in Tyler. We hit it once or twice a year.... yingyang

Which one ?

Location ?

Have done them all, some quit good, others questionable

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 11/19/18 02:02 AM

China Cafe
2001 W Southwest Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
United States

Over by Home Depot
Posted By: sallysue

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 11/19/18 01:32 PM

China Cafe in Belton Texas is super good

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 11/19/18 03:47 PM

The Summer Palace on Hewitt Dr in Hewitt is also really good
Posted By: WILLIED72

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 12/29/18 06:29 PM

PeiWei..not a buffett but its good..
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Chinese Buffet's - 01/20/19 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Grand Buffet in Huntsville is the best one I have been to.

Me too.

My all time favorite Chinese restaurant is P.F. Chang's in the Woodlands.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum