Texas Hunting Forum

Burger King

Posted By: Stub

Burger King - 10/15/18 01:03 PM

SUX! Was coming back from Bowie via Jacksboro and even though I know how bad their burgers are I was starving and tried their Chicken Fingers barf

Nuff said hammer
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Burger King - 10/15/18 01:05 PM

Haven't ate Burger King for probably twenty years.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Burger King - 10/15/18 01:06 PM

Just the smell driving by one makes me nauseous.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Burger King - 10/15/18 01:57 PM

Worst fast food chain we have here in Texas
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Burger King - 10/15/18 02:00 PM

I saw on the Fox business news that they were the fastest fast food in America.

Re: Burger King - 10/15/18 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I saw on the Fox business news that they were the fastest fast food in America.

Thats because there is nobody in line wanting their food.

It seemed like you could taste old burnt cooking oil, like they do not change it often enough hammer
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Burger King - 10/15/18 03:37 PM

they put one by my house couple years ago 121/hebron... Literally order... drive up and they have your burger... luke warm at best..cheese doesnt even melt.. Ive done online surveys and still the same thing..sad because they use to have a decent burger...
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Burger King - 10/16/18 02:57 AM

They super suck.
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Burger King - 10/16/18 03:33 AM

I used to think the cheapest $1 cheeseburger was ok, then I tried one recently and it was nasty.
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Burger King - 10/16/18 04:21 AM

Since they have been popping up next to Popeyes everywhere, wondered if the chicken tenders were the same. guess not.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Burger King - 10/16/18 09:47 AM

Sad. They used to be a pretty good little burger.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Burger King - 10/16/18 09:14 PM

I like they're ham and cheese croissants for breakfast on the road but that's about it.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 01:44 AM

I hated them as a kid, that's pretty bad.
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 09:26 AM

I always liked the fact that their burgers were not fried like McDonalds and dripping with fat. I always thought their cooking method was just healthier for a guy. Perhaps their management isn't what it used to be. Our local one closed it's doors 4 or 5 yrs. ago and I don't miss it as the service wasn't very good anyway.
It's a shame, as I remember back when the chain opened I thought they had a pretty good product, compared to the other fast food chains.
Posted By: don k

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 02:28 PM

I think the one here in Bandera is pretty good.Beats the heck out of the dairy queen we have. But then again most people don't like what I like.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 03:00 PM

lol after reading most of these responses we must have the biggest bunch of Nancys I've ever seen. Its fast food, its largely the same as any other mcdonalds, Whataburger, dairy queen, etc. etc.

makes your nauseous to drive by one rofl

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 03:03 PM

Don't EVEN mention Burger King crap in the same sentence as Whataburger. Shirley, you know there's a big difference.
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Don't EVEN mention Burger King crap in the same sentence as Whataburger. Shirley, you know there's a big difference.

X2
Posted By: rickym

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
lol after reading most of these responses we must have the biggest bunch of Nancys I've ever seen. Its fast food, its largely the same as any other mcdonalds, Whataburger, dairy queen, etc. etc.

whip that’s like saying McDonald’s chicken nuggets are the same as chick fil a

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 03:18 PM

Mr you have lost your mind to compare Booger Queen to Whataburger hammer That is Blasphemy so twenty whip for your outrageous misrepresentation of the fast food world rofl

Wife and daughter like McDonald I do not care for it at all, now Whataburger is the best you can get from a fast food chain bar none.

So I am your Nancy when it comes to Whataburger and Proud of it up
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: TooLow

X2

X3!!

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 03:31 PM

Who is Shirley?

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 03:45 PM

redchevy's real name.
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 03:47 PM

Who is Shirley?

Don't call me Shirley.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: snake oil

Who is Shirley?

Don't call me Shirley.

Shirly you jest.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 07:32 PM

None of them hold a candle to a McRib, but the BK in Irving is still great. l only eat the cheeseburgers, tho.
Whataburger and Sonic run a close second. chef

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 08:18 PM

I eat Whataburger pretty often being on the road in south texas, but folks need to quit putting it on a pedestal, it is fast food nothing more nothing less.

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 08:24 PM

I won't put it on a pedestal if you put BK back in the sewer.

Chester's is the best burger. Ever. Bar none.

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 08:33 PM

lol fine buger king is in the sewer... right next to Whataburger.

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 09:28 PM

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 09:31 PM

Thank you Bill. I'm sending that to my daughter in Jacksonville, FL. They apparently met the guy that's brought Whataburger to FL. "Cha'ching!" $ banana
Posted By: JTS

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 10:03 PM

Heck, I like a double whopper just fine, I'm cool with the fries also.
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Burger King - 10/17/18 11:50 PM

I like the double burger at Whataburger too, but can't order one as it violates one of the three rules I follow in my life.
1. I don't eat blue food
2. I never order anything on a menu listed as a #2 (double Whataburger is one of those)
3. I never buy anything advertised as Badass!

A guy has to draw the line somewhere !
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Burger King - 10/18/18 01:48 AM

Braums ftw.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Burger King - 10/18/18 03:16 PM

.. Most fast food places have stepped up their game when it comes to burgers.. McDonalds actually has a pretty descent burger now that they use a fresh patty and season them while cooking... Wendys has always used fresh beef... Bet you didnt know MANY Whataburgers still use frozen pattys... But I still love them...BK was different because they actually flame grilled their patty..
Posted By: Bonehead

Re: Burger King - 10/18/18 05:28 PM

Most BKs down south suck. There is a new one in front of the Academy over off Garland Rd & 190 that is pretty darn good. Love a double whopper loaded up heavy on the extras!

Re: Burger King - 10/19/18 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: easton1025

.. Most fast food places have stepped up their game when it comes to burgers.. McDonalds actually has a pretty descent burger now that they use a fresh patty and season them while cooking... Wendys has always used fresh beef... Bet you didnt know MANY Whataburgers still use frozen pattys... But I still love them...BK was different because they actually flame grilled their patty..

Never understood all the hype about fresh never frozen etc. almost all the stuff I cook at home which I would rank way above fast food has been frozen. If you buy ribs/brisket/chicken at the grocery store chances are its been frozen. I don't care if they use meat that has been frozen, I do at home.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Burger King - 10/19/18 01:13 PM

One of my high school jobs.....loved the whopper, hot ham & cheese, and fish......great in the 80's....now, not so much....
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Burger King - 10/19/18 02:23 PM

As we speak, I am in Austria. I would LOVE a BK whopper right now. Fries and a big ice tea.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Burger King - 10/19/18 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: 603Country
As we speak, I am in Austria. I would LOVE a BK whopper right now.

Are you kidding me? I traveled abroad for a year, I graved Tex-mex more than anything. But BK??? rofl
Posted By: JCO

Re: Burger King - 10/21/18 07:20 PM

I haven’t stopped at one in years. I’d have to be pretty desperate to break the streak.
Posted By: Franklin517

Re: Burger King - 10/22/18 01:52 AM

They suck bad. All of them I’ve tried. Never again
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Burger King - 10/24/18 04:29 PM

Herds in Jacksboro has a good burger and the only fast food in town is a Chicken E and a Sonic not a Burger King. peep
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Burger King - 10/24/18 07:07 PM

Some people have trouble staying on task... bolt

Re: Burger King - 10/24/18 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass&More
Herds in Jacksboro has a good burger and the only fast food in town is a Chicken E and a Sonic not a Burger King. peep

I probably could have stated that more accurately and clearly.. I was in Jacksboro first then drove to Bowie to help a friend. On the way home to Dallas from Bowie driving 287 south there is that rest stop on the west side about half way to Decatur, that is where I indulged in some fine dining barf

Hope that clears it up up
Posted By: Wayne J

Re: Burger King - 10/25/18 01:03 AM

2nd for Herds!
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Burger King - 10/28/18 09:31 PM

chitt turd on bread with mustard are better the BK barf
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum