Texas Hunting Forum

For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's?

Posted By: pertnear

For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/06/18 03:50 AM

I had to make a trip to San Antonio & I stopped in Bill Miller's for lunch. I had 1/2 lb brisket poorboy, big plate of steak fries, large Ice Tea with all the onion & pickle trimmings for $8.50. Now their BBQ doesn't match Franklin's, but for the price it was EXCELLENT! I know they have restaurants all over SA & Austin, not sure about other parts of Texas. food
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/06/18 07:23 AM

Used to eat there when on per diem so I had plenty left over for a nice dinner. $5 for lunch.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/06/18 11:59 AM

They're definitely part of San Antonio's identity. They do a good job of training young folks from all walks of life, better than the national chains. They occasionally screw up an order, usually when they're playing grab arse in the kitchen, but that's kids.

Not great Bar-b-que, but consistent. Biggest following of construction workers, landscapers, etc. for lunch that I've ever seen.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/07/18 05:17 PM

Not bad for a chain....but you get what you pay for....great with the right expectations.... 2cents
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/07/18 08:16 PM

I think they’re pitiful.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/09/18 02:07 PM

I like their fries.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/09/18 06:27 PM

I rank Bill Miller's BBQ barely above the worst BBQ in Texas...Mikeska's in Coumbus.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/09/18 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I rank Bill Miller's BBQ barely above the worst BBQ in Texas...Mikeska's in Coumbus.

it can't be worse than Dicky's. just aweful.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/09/18 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: bigbob_ftw

The Mikeska's in Columbus is by far the worst of the Mikeska BBQ joints.

They just opened up a Dickey's in Brookshire, I don't know how long it's going to last.
Posted By: decook

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/10/18 11:38 AM

FACT
Nothing, not even chilled monkey brains is worse than mikeska slop. Dickies is 407 compared to them

(Sorry Tritonman. I had to put this in the right perspective).
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/13/18 01:17 AM

Dickys is top shelf compared to that carp Bill Miller sales. I will say there is a bbq place in Hobbs NM called Bovine and Swine, and it is hands down the worst I have had. Bill Miller’s is even great compared to that.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/13/18 06:17 PM

I concur.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/15/18 03:39 PM

it was great food when you were straight out of college..making 25k a year... sandwich.drink and side for 6.99....but I look back and realize it was terrible brisket...
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/15/18 03:49 PM

They are still opening new stores so somebody like the operation.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/16/18 09:46 AM

Not my favorite. BBQ is subjective. Some people love it, others hate it.
Posted By: Caviel

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/18/18 06:34 PM

It's not the best but eatable
Posted By: don k

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/19/18 03:37 PM

Bill Millers is one of the BBQ's you have to put sauce on.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/19/18 03:50 PM

I like Bill Millers, its a much better fast food option for me than Whataburger, mcdonalds etc.

It isn't on the level of specialty bbq joints and I don't think it is intended to be. Have eaten there my whole life and will continue to.
Posted By: Franklin517

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/22/18 03:09 AM

A new one just opened not far from me
Posted By: INRUT

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/25/18 08:30 PM

For a quick lunch it is all right, If you are looking for top quality BBQ not so much...But their Tators are freaking awesome. But by far not nasty
Posted By: driedmeat

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 10/26/18 03:10 PM

as Creekrunner said... They are consistent. Their BBQ is average. Their fried chicken is very good.
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 11/04/18 12:28 AM

The brisket and potato breakfast tacos with salsa. They're pretty bueno.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 11/04/18 01:44 AM

Welcome back LandPirate
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 11/04/18 02:38 PM

Thank you sir. I know it's been a while. Been out and about, roaming around and chasing a different sort of whitetail. grin
Posted By: 7mag

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 11/04/18 03:07 PM

Had Millers breakfast taquitos yesterday morning. Not bad. They have been around since 1953 and the buildings show.

I would go back, expectations not high and I think I will be ok.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: For you BBQ connoisseurs - What's your opinion of Bill Miller's? - 11/06/18 11:29 PM

It'll make a turd. Nothing more, nothing less.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum