Texas Hunting Forum

Pecan Lodge BBQ

Posted By: Guy

Pecan Lodge BBQ - 10/06/18 12:18 AM

I don't consider myself to be a BBQ expert, but I thought it was pretty good. Had lunch there today. I got the 2 plate combo, brisket and sausage. Brisket I thought was really good, sausage was a bit dry. Long line, out the door and down the street, popular place I guess. Took probably 40 minutes in line. You guys been there?

http://pecanlodge.com/
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Pecan Lodge BBQ - 10/06/18 01:25 AM

It’s good. Not my favorite. But I won’t turn it down.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Pecan Lodge BBQ - 10/06/18 07:26 AM

It's good. Had the brisket, ribs, chicken and beef rib. Pretty salty. Best I had there was a to go brisket for a poker night.

I'll drive down the street to Jimmy's for an Italian beef or cuban if I had a choice though.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Pecan Lodge BBQ - 10/06/18 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman
I'll drive down the street to Jimmy's for an Italian beef or cuban if I had a choice though.

We are talking about BBQ. Don't confuse my taste buds. grin
Posted By: Stub

Re: Pecan Lodge BBQ - 10/06/18 05:57 PM

Been there a couple of times and it was awful darn good. Favorite was the Beef Ribs, they were delicious and all of their sides were very good also food
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Pecan Lodge BBQ - 10/06/18 09:26 PM

It's good but the 45 min-1 hr wait is irritating. Even getting there at like 10:30 for lunch is a pain. I can't take 2 hr lunches so I've only been a few times on my days off.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Pecan Lodge BBQ - 10/07/18 02:36 PM

I like Pecan Lodge, but I don't like waiting in line, so the best option is to go with 3-4 people and go to the express line where you order 5 lbs of bbq or more. I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes in the Express Line and 3-4 people can pretty easily take down 5+ lbs off bbq, especially when you get ribs or a beef rib in there. Last time I went with a group of 5, we took down 2lbs of brisket, 2 lbs of pork ribs, 1 beef rib, and 1 lb of sausage plus a couple sides (although we went light on the sides).

I wish more barbecue joints had the express line option.
Posted By: jkk

Re: Pecan Lodge BBQ - 10/07/18 03:59 PM

I wasn’t impressed by the food there.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Pecan Lodge BBQ - 10/07/18 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman

Now there is a man who knows his $#%$ !!
Posted By: Buddy

Re: Pecan Lodge BBQ - 10/09/18 07:35 PM

Jimmy's Italian Beef is the BOMB for sure...
Posted By: kdub

Re: Pecan Lodge BBQ - 10/09/18 07:39 PM

I stood in the line once, it was pretty good, but dang that line is long. I'm still partial to the huge beef ribs at Lockhart in Plano.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum