Texas Hunting Forum

407 BBQ competition

Posted By: beaversnipe

407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 08:12 PM

Uh oo
Just had a brisket samich at that pop up new place in Ponder (Lone Star Cooking and Co)

As far as ‘awesome’, yall are very close
up
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 08:36 PM

Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 08:54 PM

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Calm down...competition makes this country great (again)
Posted By: Tritonman

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 09:26 PM

up I can't feed'em all, good to see them doing well.
Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
Originally Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Calm down...competition makes this country great (again)

its a joke rotzak, calm down

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 09:48 PM

Rotzak muyloco

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Tritonman
up I can't feed'em all, good to see them doing well.

U have a much better location
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 09:59 PM

I go by the best pulled pork.

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I go by the best pulled pork.

I go by brisket samich and ribs, i hate too smokey or too salty, and most of them are. I wanna taste the meat.
Their brisket samich was on a butter texas toast- toasted, the bbq sauce was great too.
Bill, the lady was scenic too, always helps.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 10:21 PM

Hard to believe they could be anywhere as good....
Posted By: 603Country

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 10:38 PM

Well, i’m a recent convert to 407BBQ. It was the best brisket I can remember, and that’s a lot of brisket. If somebody else has better than that, I’m shocked.

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 10:42 PM

I would rate 407 bbq brisket as a 9.7 and lone star a 9.6
The texas butter toast -toasted was very interesting and unusual, it gave it a nice crunch. The samich was gone in 49 seconds, now if yall just can make a lobsta samich on that same toast with garlic lemmon butter, celery and onions bang

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 11:07 PM

I live just 5 miles from The Swinging Door. I was on a quail/deer lease with the founder. Click here.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-swinging-door-richmond-2

This place is known for its BBQ. It was my second time here. The service was excellent. I was seated promptly and received my meal within 3 minutes after ordering.

I had the Combo Plate. It is made up of 2 meats and 2 sides. I ordered beef and sausage. Had potato salad and beans for sides. It was a lot of food and I am a big eater. I love that they give a bunch of dill pickle slices on the side along with a full slice of onion and a pepper.

It was all delicious and I will be visiting again. I've eaten barbecue all over Texas and this is the best I've ever had.

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 11:23 PM

The trick is to have a couple of unique things on your menu that nobody else has.

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 11:41 PM

Uh oo
Just had a brisket samich at that pop up new place in Ponder (Lone Star Cooking and Co)

up

They are not even good enough to be mentioned in the THF on the roads forum.

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 11:47 PM

Uh oo

up

Cause they just are in buness

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/10/18 11:52 PM

Uh oo

up

Cause they just are in buness

Nope. Guess again.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/11/18 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: dkershen

This^^^^^^

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/11/18 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted By: dkershen

This^^^^^^

Thats what i thought as well till i tried them.
They both excellent
Posted By: Cast

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/11/18 08:06 PM

Ponder might be just a little closer than 407. I might need to recon.
Posted By: Stub

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/12/18 11:47 AM

Dang Beav you ate at Ranchmans & Lone Star yesterday, where are you putting all of those groceries confused2

I passed that place (Lone Star) last week after I had eaten at the Real Deal 407 up they were doing a good business.

Uh oo

up

Gonna do Ranchmans in a bit

Originally Posted By: Superduty
In Ponder?

Good call!

Pan fried Tbone or Ribeye?

16 ounce t bone, mushrooms, grilled onions, home made fries, salad with home made cucumber dressing and fresh baked rolls follwed with peach cobbler.

Burb

Xcuse me

Posted By: PMK

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/12/18 04:43 PM

I live just 5 miles from The Swinging Door. I was on a quail/deer lease with the founder. Click here.

This place is known for its BBQ. It was my second time here. The service was excellent. I was seated promptly and received my meal within 3 minutes after ordering.

I had the Combo Plate. It is made up of 2 meats and 2 sides. I ordered beef and sausage. Had potato salad and beans for sides. It was a lot of food and I am a big eater. I love that they give a bunch of dill pickle slices on the side along with a full slice of onion and a pepper.

It was all delicious and I will be visiting again. I've eaten barbecue all over Texas and this is the best I've ever had.

not really a big eater based off what you post in the cooking/food section ...
Posted By: topwater13

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/13/18 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: PMK

Yeah Bill, you said an 8oz filet will last you three meals...what gives?
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/16/18 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: topwater13
Originally Posted By: PMK

Yeah Bill, you said an 8oz filet will last you three meals...what gives?

He's poor
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/17/18 12:54 AM

Bill just one upped both ya'll

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/21/18 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw

Bill just one upped both ya'll

Not a chance.
His richer neighbor prolly paid, so he had to yelp
Posted By: jhunter77

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/21/18 04:37 PM

Some friends of mine own Lone Star BBQ, I'll admit I'm biased to their Jalapeno Sausage, but the brisket run very close. Joey and his sister Angie have been catering in the oil field all over Texas and Oklahoma for about 6 years. I still eat at 407 but I'll change it up and go to Lone Star. Lone Star on Fridays has a fish fry also... Now look I love BBQ and I love fried fish and I'm a pretty well versed person in the food thing (about 250 lbs versed) Joey makes the best fried catfish I've ever had outside my own. OBTW grab some nana puddin From Lone Star. Triton I'll still come buy my office lunches from you guys anytime...

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/22/18 02:44 AM

I need to try their fish fry, i saw a sign today that they will have it this saturday
Posted By: mdryg1970

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/22/18 02:38 PM

I need to stop reading this forum at mid-morning, got 2 1/2 hours til lunch.... nidea
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/22/18 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: mdryg1970
I need to stop reading this forum at mid-morning, got 2 1/2 hours til lunch.... nidea

No kidding. I tell myself that every morning and yet here I am.
Posted By: Cast

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/22/18 03:33 PM

We will go try the fish very soon.

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 03/22/18 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: jhunter77
Some friends of mine own Lone Star BBQ, I'll admit I'm biased to their Jalapeno Sausage, but the brisket run very close. Joey and his sister Angie have been catering in the oil field all over Texas and Oklahoma for about 6 years. I still eat at 407 but I'll change it up and go to Lone Star. Lone Star on Fridays has a fish fry also... Now look I love BBQ and I love fried fish and I'm a pretty well versed person in the food thing (about 250 lbs versed) Joey makes the best fried catfish I've ever had outside my own. OBTW grab some nana puddin From Lone Star. Triton I'll still come buy my office lunches from you guys anytime...

All good brother. I wish them all the success in the world. I'm sure they know hard of work it is.

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 04/16/18 10:09 PM

407 BBQ open this coming Friday??? Wife and I will be heading to OK for a baby shower on Sat. and told her I wanted to stop in to try the BBQ ... noonish time frame...
Posted By: erathar

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 04/17/18 02:07 AM

Would it be possible to pick up some frozen BBQ? I'll be up Friday night and saturday morning, with all meals booked. Would love to try it though with all the recommendations. If we can figure something out, I'll bring skinner some back down south.

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 04/17/18 12:23 PM

We are open from 11am - 8pm, Monday - Saturday

erather, I can slice, then vac seal and chill whatever you need.

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 04/17/18 12:52 PM

Great, we'll be there noonish.
Posted By: erathar

Re: 407 BBQ competition - 04/18/18 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Tritonman
We are open from 11am - 8pm, Monday - Saturday

erather, I can slice, then vac seal and chill whatever you need.

Sounds awesome. What is good there? What do you reccomend? grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum