Texas Hunting Forum

FYI Jambo's Rendon

Posted By: fredeboy

FYI Jambo's Rendon - 01/27/18 09:54 PM

Have eaten at this location many times since they first opened and the Q and service has always been 5 star. The speed of placing order to food in front of you was always amazing. Then I go today and informed the entire crew pit boss and all were let go 2 weeks ago. The ribs were dry (over cooked) and the moist brisket tasted like pot roast and very little smoke. All I can say is the owner pissed in the wind with this stupid move. mad
Posted By: txshntr

Re: FYI Jambo's Rendon - 01/27/18 10:02 PM

I heard that they had a divorce and the wife got the business. She came in and fired everyone and hired all new. Used to be some of the best bbq, now...not so much. I also heard that she has to pay him and if she defaults, he gets the business back. All rumors, no first hand knowledge.
Posted By: fredeboy

Re: FYI Jambo's Rendon - 01/27/18 10:12 PM

Well Ashton (the owner) always acted like her s--- dont stink and now she can sink or swim. I dont think there is a big enough life jacket to keep her a-- afloat making stupid moves like this one.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: FYI Jambo's Rendon - 01/28/18 01:51 AM

Wonder if it happened at the Arlington location too?
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: FYI Jambo's Rendon - 01/28/18 01:43 PM

I was not at all impressed with it when I ate at the one on Little Road.
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: FYI Jambo's Rendon - 02/01/18 04:31 PM

Yeah Ashton's FB post always crack me up. If true that place will die soon. I honestly haven't been since Jamie sold it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum