Texas Hunting Forum

Throckmorton Eats???

Posted By: Buzzsaw

Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/20/17 06:53 PM

Dove hunting out there opening weekend. Looking for Breakfast and Dinner joints. Hopefully they have more than an Allsups and a dairy Queen
Posted By: Cast

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/20/17 07:03 PM

There's a little hole in the wall behind the motel that's open for lunch and maybe dinner. No breakfast that I could find there.
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/20/17 07:37 PM

Burritos from Alsup's at the 4-way stop.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/20/17 08:09 PM

They had a good Mexican place that opened up across the street from Allsups. It didn't last long. They do have a good bar that opened up right next to it. The bar draws a nice crowd on Friday and Saturday nights, it has pool tables and local women.
The best eats you'll find around there is in Seymour, 30 miles north of Throckmorton. Seymour has whatever you want. Newcastle also has good food at the Hole In The Wall, and burritos at the gas station.

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/20/17 08:53 PM

I saw Country Café and Fowlers BBQ, both gone? No telling how old the thing I was looking at was
Posted By: grimreapor

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/20/17 09:53 PM

Country cafe is pretty good for bfast. They are closed on sundays. The BBQ joint is hit and miss.
Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/20/17 11:47 PM

There used to be a cafe about a block off the road kinda behind Allsups. They had decent breakfast.
Posted By: BDB

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/29/17 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: LonestarCobra
There used to be a cafe about a block off the road kinda behind Allsups. They had decent breakfast.

Its still there. Its off the main drag though. Its ok...not great. Were bringing griddles to cook breakfast in the field this year. We hunt about 5 miles south of Throckmortan. Seymour has a lot of options like mentioned above.
Posted By: TX TCAT

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/29/17 12:38 PM

Your best option is to drive down to the Beehive in Albany for dinner. Will probably be crowded opening weekend, though. If you don't want to drive, I suggest taking a cooler full of groceries, a small charcoal grill and a cast iron skillet. You can make pretty much whatever you'd like with these items.

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/29/17 03:07 PM

you know we used to drag a huge pit and had a hunter who would rather cook than hunt. It was great.

fajitas in the field was great !!!

not sure our exact hunting spot yet, we'll check it out

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/29/17 03:11 PM

Woodson is where the ranch is
Posted By: Cast

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/29/17 03:38 PM

Woodson has the Hole in the Wall doesn't it? All you need is there.

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/29/17 04:56 PM

I think we will be ok, hoping for some menudo but will be happy with bacon eggs and burgers , BBQ
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/29/17 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast

Actually Newcastle does

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/29/17 06:12 PM

last year Woodson had 2 joints you could get grub in. One is still open and pretty sure the other is too.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 08/31/17 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid

Actually Newcastle does
Yep Newcastle. If you can't get full there you can't be filled up.

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 09/02/17 10:27 PM

Throckmorton, we ate a couple (dinner) times at The Corner Café, it was very good. Had the Enchilada "stack" with fried egg on top, and their Chicken Fried Steak (hand breaded cutlets). Ate a breakfast in Albany at Los Cozadorez, it was also good.
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 09/12/17 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: bobcat1
Originally Posted By: DQ Kid

Actually Newcastle does
Yep Newcastle. If you can't get full there you can't be filled up.

Right by liquer store! My ex use to work there so I would stop in to fill ice chest.
Posted By: J.Monaghan

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 09/29/17 04:08 AM

Seymour has a small saloon/bar that some awesome steaks... forgot the name

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 10/03/17 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: J.Monaghan
Seymour has a small saloon/bar that some awesome steaks... forgot the name

Rusty Spur Steakhouse & Saloon . HH Creek Inn, the new hotel in town also has a new place to eat. Chuckwagon cafe. Both are solid food to eat.
Posted By: Ringer1

Re: Throckmorton Eats??? - 10/31/17 11:59 PM

Years ago in Throckmorton there was a bar just south of Allsup's that would have a fish fry on either Friday or Saturday night. The mayor was the one that fried the fish. anyone know if they still do that?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum