Texas Hunting Forum

Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place

Posted By: Navasot

Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place - 03/16/13 04:13 PM

Just thought id put my 2cents in about a bar and grill I ate at in Allen Tx tuesday night. Had a Vermeer sales meeting and had to check it out since it was right next to the Hotel. If im ever in the area agian which I hope is never....I will be eating here again. Awsome food and great scenery...had a lb of boiled shrimp with crab stuffed jalapinos....mmmmmmm. Oh and sorry to anyone if they are dating the waitress I had cuz she now has my cell number...lol

Heres the link
http://www.dodiesallen.com/
Posted By: BA223

Re: Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place - 03/16/13 04:59 PM

Yep, pretty good stuff. They have some good live music shows in there pretty often, too.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place - 03/18/13 01:04 AM

Better cougars than food. Thanks for letting us know navasot, you were about 3 miles from alot of us.
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place - 03/18/13 02:02 PM

we have one here in rockwall, good food and the nighttime patrons arent bad either.

so what was the problem with allen, too much "city?" did they make you untuck your pants from your boots before you went in? haha

Re: Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place - 03/18/13 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: jshouse
we have one here in rockwall, good food and the nighttime patrons arent bad either.

so what was the problem with allen, too much "city?" did they make you untuck your pants from your boots before you went in? haha

to many cars, roads, people, pavement...etc... cant do it

Re: Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place - 03/18/13 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Better cougars than food. Thanks for letting us know navasot, you were about 3 miles from alot of us.

Lol i didnt think i would be able to go anywere since i was in a hotel and thats were the meetings were too... when i get to these places i dnt leave cuz i will get lost.... this just happend to be right across the road
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place - 03/19/13 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
Originally Posted By: jshouse

to many cars, roads, people, pavement...etc... cant do it

"pavement," awesome, lmao.
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place - 03/19/13 06:40 PM

I've lived in Allen for almost 3 years now and have yet to try that place. I assume you were staying at the Marriott. I love that Village area. Now if you want some good grub a block down you have Cowboy Chicken. It's a chain but some of the best woodfire chicken and sides you'll find.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place - 03/20/13 04:38 AM

Ask for the Cajun Caviar at Dodies. It's off the menu. They serve it at the original in Dallas if you know about it. Great place! Good hear of a non chain place in Allen!!!

If a restaurant is only with in the state and locally owned and managed it ain't a chain. Cowboy Chicken looks good and drive by it often in Dallas.
Posted By: Triple7

Re: Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place - 03/21/13 04:31 AM

Pretty good place to party after an American's game too....we met up with some celebs there ...had a good time.
Posted By: Triple7

Re: Great cajun food in Allen Tx... Dodie's Place - 03/21/13 04:31 AM

Pretty good place to party after an American's game too....we met up with some celebs there ...had a good time.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum