Texas Hunting Forum

Best Italian for the $

Posted By: Stub

Best Italian for the $ - 12/15/12 10:00 PM

Man I have been driving past this place for years and it is always packed. I kept saying I gotta try it, so today I did.

Fantastico, guys no BS lunch specials $6.99 !! you get Garlic bread that is so good it will set you Free, a nice salad and the food was Delicious!! chef

Posted By: Screwdriver

Re: Best Italiano - 12/15/12 11:00 PM

Is that in Bridgeport?
Posted By: Stub

Re: Best Italiano - 12/15/12 11:13 PM

Yepper, have you been there or driven past it?

Re: Best Italiano - 12/16/12 10:31 PM

Driven past many times, never tried it. I'll have to try it. I've wanted to try that old time diner close by too.
Posted By: angler management

Re: Best Italiano - 12/17/12 02:47 AM

We eat there every time we're on our way home from the deer lease.
Posted By: hardheadeddoe

Re: Best Italiano - 12/18/12 03:11 AM

good to know. we sometimes go through that area & have seen it before. if we have the time, next time we'll stop & eat.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Best Italiano - 12/18/12 03:54 PM

Really good food and a great owner. You won't be disappointed.

Re: Best Italiano - 12/18/12 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Screwdriver
Driven past many times, never tried it. I'll have to try it. I've wanted to try that old time diner close by too.

The old diner you are referring to is Yesterday's. It is ok. Some things are really good like the fried pork chops, malts, loaded french fries and the rest is marginal.
Posted By: thurmansfiberglass

Re: Best Italiano - 12/19/12 02:03 AM

Giovanni's in Palestine. Great food and service. Prices are very reasonable. Beautiful atmosphere. It looks small from the out side but the inside is really comfortable and welcoming.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Best Italiano - 12/19/12 02:49 AM

If you are ever in Mexia, eat at Frankie's Italian. And get the Chicken Scarparela. So good!

It's right on Hwy 14. These folks are Italian from the old country. They go back to Italy for 3 or 4 weeks every summer. I moved up to this area from Houston, where they have plenty of good Italian, but for food quality and cost, Frankie's can compete with any of them, with the exception of that Italian place just south of downtown Houston on Smith Street (can't think of the name). That place is beyond good and in a league of its own, but not cheap.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Best Italiano - 12/20/12 12:52 AM

"Really good food and a great owner. You won't be disappointed."
In our neck of the woods Leonardo! Pretty good Grub
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Best Italiano - 12/20/12 03:59 AM

That Pronto's is always packed when I drive by, I've heard good things about it, will have to try it.

Have also heard that Go Go Gumbo in Boyd is awesome cajun fare.

Re: Best Italiano - 12/21/12 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Leonardo

The old diner you are referring to is Yesterday's. It is ok. Some things are really good like the fried pork chops, malts, loaded french fries and the rest is marginal.

Thanks for the review. I'll try Pronto's first the next time I stop in Bridgeport to eat.

Re: Best Italiano - 12/21/12 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
"Really good food and a great owner. You won't be disappointed."
In our neck of the woods Leonardo! Pretty good Grub

Exactly. The owner here hasn't been off the boat long!
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Best Italiano - 12/24/12 04:01 AM

Campezi's is pretty good for cheap Italian.
Posted By: tchunter

Re: Best Italiano - 12/26/12 10:52 PM

Bella's in Bowie.
Posted By: Gadget Bob

Re: Best Italiano - 12/27/12 12:35 AM

Hi Stub,

Likewise on Pronto's, I have been driving past there for year's chasing dove out west of DFW. Great tip, because I have been stopping into Taco Mayo in Bridgeport and this will certainly be a nice upgrade.

Here in Dallas (Carrollton), it is hard to beat Alfredo's and their pricing is excellent. Got to love their chicken cacciatore (chicken "hunter style"!) and it comes with a side of spaghetti for $8.99. I get that spaghetti with their meat sauce for an extra buck.

Regards,
Posted By: limestone pirate

Re: Best Italiano - 01/17/13 02:44 PM

frankie's in mexia tx. frankie knocks it out very reasonably priced and great food
Posted By: FtWorthBobWillsFan

Re: Best Italiano - 01/19/13 10:28 AM

Pasta Bella in Fredericksberg has the best alfredo ive had. I also like the Pastafina restaurants in Stephenville, Granbury and Weatherford.
Posted By: Bluetick

Re: Best Italiano - 01/22/13 04:37 PM

Mancusos in white settlement.Family friends of ours for 30yrs...straight up people and people you wouldnt wanna piss off.born and raised in sicily and italy.little pricey,but made from scratch from the sauce to the sausage.
Posted By: FtWorthBobWillsFan

Re: Best Italiano - 01/23/13 01:23 AM

went to Frankie's tonight... not bad.. had chicken parmegiana... not great but reasonably priced and a little above average
Posted By: JD4030

Re: Best Italiano - 01/24/13 08:49 PM

Parma's in Lewisville off of 3040 has a great lunch menu, & cheap. Dinner is a little pricey, but not terrible. The food is good & authentic.
Posted By: bucksducksntrucks

Re: Best Italiano - 01/25/13 03:03 AM

Little italy--killeen texas. best bang for your buck west of the mississippi
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum