Texas Hunting Forum

Headed to Port A

Posted By: TractorTek/RedNek

Headed to Port A - 05/03/11 05:51 PM

Wondered where the best place to get some good cheap seafood. Any good halfday charter suggestions there?

Posted By: thegrouse

Re: Headed to Port A - 05/03/11 05:54 PM

Cheap is the Big Fisherman in Rockport but I will not go back. I have not found a place on the Island that I really like. I do hit Corey's seafood on 361 in Aransas Pass across the street from the HEB. Have fun and do not forget the fishing pole.

Posted By: Justin T

Re: Headed to Port A - 05/03/11 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: thegrouse
Cheap is the Big Fisherman in Rockport but I will not go back. I have not found a place on the Island that I really like. I do hit Corey's seafood on 361 in Aransas Pass across the street from the HEB. Have fun and do not forget the fishing pole.

I used to like the Big Fisherman when I ate fried food regularly. If you are into that kind of thing, then it is great, if not, don't waste your time. We like going to Trout Street, Beulah's is good, Seafood and Spaghetti Works has great seafood (the dome looking building), like driving into Corpus and going to Snoopy's and Scoopy's. Also, if you are going to be there a while, it is a nice drive down to King's Inn. food

Posted By: whole-family-hunts

Re: Headed to Port A - 05/05/11 02:20 AM

On the Island Moby Dicks is awful good! For a group boat get on the Wharf Cat or Scat Cat at the Marina. For a guided bay trip you can't go wrong with Brent Hopkins or Terry Coufal.

Posted By: TSullivan

Re: Headed to Port A - 05/05/11 05:05 AM

You can walk into Deep Sea Headquarters or Fisherman's Wharf and find a charter on a party boat. May not be very fun tho, seas have been running rough.

There are tons of little seafood restaurants in Port A, just pick one you'll be fine. My personal favorite is Fins, it's right next to deep sea headquarters.

Posted By: mbavo

Re: Headed to Port A - 05/05/11 05:00 PM

snoopys in chorpus had some of the biggest,tastiest, boiled shrimp i have ever had this last summer when i was there.

Posted By: BigJake

Re: Headed to Port A - 05/12/11 05:03 PM

We always use David Milina 512-216-3970 for little half day bay fishing trips. He will bust his rear end to get you onto the red fish, pretty affordable too. And where you at in Azle? I graduated there in '05

Posted By: TractorTek/RedNek

Re: Headed to Port A - 05/13/11 11:09 AM

I moved away then came back and live out behind midaway. Its actually springtown but I did not wanna promote that so...... oh and I was class of 99.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum