Texas Hunting Forum

Dog feed

Posted By: 68rustbucket

Dog feed - 05/23/23 06:19 PM

I go through about 100lbs of dog feed per month. Switched from Purina Pro Plan to Victor Performance a few years ago due to price of Purina. When buying feed last month, the price of a 40lb sack of Victor was only about $1 cheaper than Purina. Will be headed to feed store this week, curious as to Victor pricing. May be switching back to Purina. Only plus to Victor now is it’s made in Texas.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Dog feed - 05/23/23 09:18 PM

Been feeding Diamond Naturals Lamb & rice for 10+ years and have not had a dog with skin allergies or loose stools since. Before that, I fed Purina 1 for many years but had lot's of skin allergy / loose stool issues before that. Tried PP for a couple months and never got a solid stool out of any of them. I have had to buy the Diamond Naturals Chicken & Rice a couple of times because Lamb & Rice wasn't available and it didn't seem to hurt their gut at all even with it being a quick change of food. Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice is rated higher on Dog food advisor website than Pro Plan and is cheaper too. 2cents
Posted By: wingmaster23

Re: Dog feed - 05/23/23 09:54 PM

I had been feeding eukanuba before switching to Purina PP 30/20. Like you price was getting steep. Switched to Nutrena Loyall Life Chicken and Brown Rice. I don’t see any loss in energy or endurance. Solid stools. Dogs seem to love it. Labs, so that’s rarely a problem. 4.5 Dog food Advisor. Tractor Supply.Nutrena Loyall Life All Life Stages Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food
Posted By: rickym

Re: Dog feed - 05/23/23 10:53 PM

Dog food threads show up almost as much as hf/LF threads in the deer section!
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Dog feed - 05/23/23 11:14 PM

68rustbucket, I used to feed Victor but it got so high. I switched to this from Sportmix and the dogs love it. Good firm stools and Buster, who is finicky, loves it. It is a very small kibble too.

Click here > Sportmix $37 for 44lbs
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Dog feed - 05/24/23 12:14 AM

I feed Diamond performance during season and Diamond maintenance in the off. So do all my hunting buddys.
Posted By: Mundo

Re: Dog feed - 06/01/23 07:56 PM

I can buy HEB chicken thighs for the same price as Victor. Still feed kibble but during the season when dogs" weight starts to drop I pop them in a pressure cooker, pull the single bone out and supplement their food with chicken.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Dog feed - 06/01/23 09:58 PM

Loyall Chicken and Brown Rice. All life stages

$40 a bag.

PPP is good but it’s a chicken and corn feed. Crazy what they are getting for price.

Loyall is a good food. I’ve fed both PPP and Victor.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum