Texas Hunting Forum

All you “pointer” guys…I have a ?

Posted By: BradyBuck

All you “pointer” guys…I have a ? - 02/21/23 02:18 AM

Do any of y’all follow Steady with Style AKA Mo Lindley or the “West” method?

If so, thoughts?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: All you “pointer” guys…I have a ? - 02/21/23 02:22 AM

My dogs have been trained using the Smith Silent command method.
Posted By: kindall

Re: All you “pointer” guys…I have a ? - 02/21/23 02:09 PM

Yes. I follow it, and have been to MO’s place for a weekend seminar.
I like the method a lot. Used it with my first dogs, and then tried a different method with one of mine. Needless to say, I went back to Mo. If you are following the SWS Facebook group, watch out who you listen too. Not all members are experienced as others.
I like the method because it’s a lot less pressure on the dog. Less chance of you messing one up, or having issues down the road.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: All you “pointer” guys…I have a ? - 02/21/23 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by kindall
Yes. I follow it, and have been to MO’s place for a weekend seminar.
I like the method a lot. Used it with my first dogs, and then tried a different method with one of mine. Needless to say, I went back to Mo. If you are following the SWS Facebook group, watch out who you listen too. Not all members are experienced as others.
I like the method because it’s a lot less pressure on the dog. Less chance of you messing one up, or having issues down the road.

I am on the FB group, I have the book and DVD on order. I assume I’ll know more and at the same time have more questions after I get through the book and DVD.
Posted By: kindall

Re: All you “pointer” guys…I have a ? - 02/21/23 02:42 PM

@bradybuck

It’s easy to follow. Your basically gonna need bird launcher, pigeons, pinch collar and a checkcord.
You can hit up Davy Jones for a pinch collar, or I can private message you MO’s address to order one from him.

Don’t order a pinch collar off the gundog sites. They are not the same, and do not release pressure like the custom ones.
Posted By: Stick 711

Re: All you “pointer” guys…I have a ? - 02/23/23 04:28 AM

Interesting. I’ve done the Smith silent command and Delmars books. Don’t know Mo Lindsey. Will investigate. Thanks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum