Texas Hunting Forum

Kennel Purchase Advice

Posted By: SRPI89

Kennel Purchase Advice - 01/10/22 02:40 PM

I need a kennel- I've got a dog box for the long hauls, but it's 150# or so. I'd like a good rugged kennel that i can throw in the back of the truck for short trips to the farm and/or inside use. I've been looking at RuffLand Kennels. They seem to be moderately priced, but to get it delivered is another $165. Any alternatives? I've got the cheap, flimsy kind you buy at petsmart, so i don't need another one of those.

Thanks!
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Kennel Purchase Advice - 01/10/22 04:37 PM

The Gunner kennels are the best there is in a portable kennel but they are $500+. They also weight around 60 pounds I believe, maybe a tad more.

For a light weight kennel and price, the Ruffland is a good option.
Posted By: Cow_doc.308

Re: Kennel Purchase Advice - 01/11/22 04:28 AM

Gun Dog Supply sells Lucky Duck kennels. They're supposed to be lighter weight than Gunner, but have a 5 star crash test rating.

I have no personal experience with them, but they look nice.
Posted By: SRPI89

Re: Kennel Purchase Advice - 01/12/22 04:29 PM

I got the Ruffland from Schneels (had a gift card). Shipping was $150, which sucked. It’s lighter than I thought, but seems to be very sturdy. Will report back
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Kennel Purchase Advice - 01/12/22 06:27 PM

I have a couple of the ruffland kennels and they are great.
Posted By: Michael Wilson

Re: Kennel Purchase Advice - 01/13/22 07:59 PM

Ruff lands are great. You might try Cabelas’s and have them ship to the store close to you for free.
Posted By: Mundo

Re: Kennel Purchase Advice - 01/23/22 07:06 PM

check and see of Bass Pro/Cabelas will ship to the Tracker Boat dealership in Midland--they own it.
Posted By: bluetopper

Re: Kennel Purchase Advice - 02/22/22 02:30 PM

T-posts and cattle panels.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum