Texas Hunting Forum

Bark Collar

Posted By: Red Pill

Bark Collar - 01/06/22 03:21 PM

Does anyone make a bark collar that actually works anymore? I mean one that immediately shocks when the dog barks, not one that starts with a beep, then vibrates, then shocks. Only the immediate shock seems to work. You used to be able to get one of these just about anywhere, but I'm having trouble finding one that works that way now.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Bark Collar - 01/06/22 04:17 PM

Garmin
https://www.gundogsupply.com/garmin-bark-limiter-deluxe-rechargable.html
Posted By: Guy

Re: Bark Collar - 01/06/22 06:44 PM

I got the spotdog. My dog is 5 years old now, and I still need it if I have to kennel her. She will sit patiently but after a while, she will let out a big bark like "Hey I'm still in here". From that point on, if the she does not have the collar on, especially if I'm not home and my wife or kids need to kennel her, she will keep on barking. But you put the collar on her, it does not even need to be charged up now, she knows to shut up.

Re: Bark Collar - 01/06/22 10:12 PM

Is the SportDog a bark collar (automatically triggers if she barks), or a training collar, where you have to push the button?
Posted By: arandy

Re: Bark Collar - 01/07/22 11:34 AM

They are activated by the dog. Of course you can also use a training collar but the bark collars work best for me. I have 2 SportDog bark collars that work really well.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Bark Collar - 01/07/22 12:31 PM

I had only one over the years. The pup only barked one time. Never used it again.

Re: Bark Collar - 01/07/22 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by arandy
They are activated by the dog. Of course you can also use a training collar but the bark collars work best for me. I have 2 SportDog bark collars that work really well.

Thanks. I'll look into them.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Bark Collar - 01/12/22 03:40 PM

I never needed one but I've had several neighbors that did.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Bark Collar - 01/14/22 03:48 AM

My Garmin Delta serves both duties -- you can use it for correction manually or you can put it on bark mode. Only problem with that is that it eats up battery faster than a normal bark collar

Re: Bark Collar - 01/14/22 07:51 PM

I found one that works, a PetSafe basic collar.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum