Texas Hunting Forum

love great news

Posted By: wal1809

love great news - 09/30/21 04:50 PM

I never ever get tired of hearing from clients about how the snake avoidance training can work. Alex Brittingham with One Shot Retrievers sent me this today. A client of hers sent it to her. Enjoy!
Thank you Alex!!!

Last night I was fast asleep (midnight) and shady who sleeps in our room starting barking in the living room. She will sometimes bark as at a shadow outside, but she was pretty serious so I got up and went in there. Sometimes she will bark at a kids stuffed animal but because she didn’t stop, I wanted to know what she didn’t like. I walked in the kitchen and she didn’t follow. I thought about going to bed, but she wasn’t moving so I called her over and she wouldn’t follow me at all. That was strange so I went and got her and and pulled her which she stiffened up. Turned on some lights and all that. Went through the kitchen to the kids playroom and she would not follow so I drug her and at one point she ran past me and got to the playroom and walked around. Went back to the kitchen where she darted around a bumper and kids stuffed animals. At that point I wanted to know what she was scared of. I kicked her bumper, nothing. She is backing up at the point. I kicked a stuffed animal and sure enough there is a somewhat small snake under the animal. She sat back and watched as we killed the snake. Think it ended up being non poisonous but I kill them all……anyways she acted just as she did in the 5 minutes of training. Heather thinks it’s the best $100 spent. Thought I would share.
Posted By: BAYSPORT

Re: love great news - 09/30/21 05:16 PM

up
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: love great news - 10/01/21 01:19 AM

cheers
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: love great news - 10/02/21 02:43 AM

👍👍
Posted By: redhaze

Re: love great news - 10/02/21 11:00 AM

cheers