Texas Hunting Forum

Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus

Posted By: JABHunting

Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/09/21 03:26 PM

Does anyone have experience with this facility? Particularly the membership. Any information would be great.

JR
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/09/21 05:18 PM

Last few times I’ve been the cover has been extremely thick.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/09/21 06:10 PM

It is just west of me. Gets better toward the end of the year.

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/11/21 05:47 PM

I hoped someone had an opinion of the membership at Top-Flight. I took a chance and paid up. From what I was told, I can hunt any weekday without additional charge other than pay the member price for whatever birds I scrounge up. Weekends, I have to pay for some birds to be put out (but I won't hunt weekends). I have a new pup that will be in her first season. I plan to start a few hunts by having some birds released and thereafter just hunt every Monday for whatever we can find. Does anyone know if this is something that will work? Did the owner get provide accurate information (I'm not suggesting he would not intentionally) and is there every any "left-over" birds to find, particularly on Mondays? Thanks!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/11/21 07:09 PM

There are generally left over birds. Good luck.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/11/21 07:20 PM

There will probably be leftover birds on Monday. If it were me, I’d ask for the training birds be left in the cage. You can put them out yourself, then you can work your dog toward them.

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/12/21 01:54 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: Whiptail

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/18/21 02:53 PM

I hunted there once about 20 years ago and there was a lot of really thick thorny brush. There were plenty of birds that were average flyers for pen raised birds. The cost was very competitive but it was a little too far for me to justify the membership.
Posted By: machine73

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/18/21 05:45 PM

I had a membership last year. It was worthwhile to get a young dog on birds

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/18/21 06:26 PM

Great!
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/22/21 11:56 AM

I went for the first time this past Christmas. I had pheasant and chucker put out. We shot about 20 quail in addition to our birds. They were everywhere. There were areas that were too thick in our section and I am sure I left a ton of birds in the field when I ran out of time.
Posted By: Stick 711

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 06/25/21 05:37 AM

JAB. I was a member for 15 yrs. Last two years didn’t get a membership for some health issues. Leon’s a standup guy. He let me hunt asa member a couple of times. I’ll get a membership again this year.
1. You’ll find birds on Monday, it’s a given, including pheasants..
2. Birds fly pretty good.
3. Leon doesn’t t cut it like a golf course, but I like that. I been to places that you saw the birds milling around from 50 yards.
4. He’ll sell you birds that you can put out for training.
5. I’ve met people there that I ended up hunting with later. Bill’s even been with me a couple of times😀

I think you’ll like it.
Phil

Re: Top Flight Hunting Club - Columbus - 07/04/21 12:36 PM

Thanks! All great news
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum