Texas Hunting Forum

New Vizsla Pup

Posted By: Huskerron

New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 12:56 PM

Picked up this guy last weekend. Hunted and field trailed GSP’s most of my life but quit hunting upland in Nebraska due to lack of birds. They say there is a huntable population here now. That plus being retired dictated that I raise and train one last pup. Wanted something different but not too much. Here he is. Looks like little time for golf and reloading at least this year.

Attached picture 83DA6DBC-67F8-480C-AAC8-ACB825196882.jpeg
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 01:19 PM

That’ll keep you busy!
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 01:33 PM

Cute little fella
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 01:34 PM

I hope you are a better dog trainer than photographer. Worst puppy pic ever.
Posted By: rioman42

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by scalebuster
I hope you are a better dog trainer than photographer. Worst puppy pic ever.

hahaha, i thought the same thing!!! but then i thought hell, i dont even know how to post pictures to this site!!!!

congrats on the pup

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 01:51 PM

Good morning Scale Buster. I’ll see if I can get a better one for you. Have to confess I’ve spent more time training dogs than learning to take pictures. I’ve raised and trained two Sr Hunters and had another that ran in the GSP Nationals so I must know something. But I’ve been away from this for a couple of decades. Thanks to the other posters for the positive comments.

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 01:53 PM

Maybe I took that the wrong way. I will try to get him to set still long enough to get better one. Sorry guys!

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 01:59 PM

Just giving you a hard time. I would like to see what his face looks like.
Posted By: kindall

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 02:30 PM

Cute puppy.
Vizslas are my breed of choice.
I have 4 of them at the house.

I know Julie sent home pups about a week ago.
Any chance this is a Bravo pup?
Posted By: chehunt

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 02:57 PM

Lots of energy!

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 03:06 PM

It isn’t a Bravo pup. I just knew a couple people that had Vizlas. They seemed to be pretty laid back but a lot like a GSP. I thought this would be a fun project because I’m going to raise this guy in the house. Actually, the pup came from a kennel in Manila, Iowa.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 03:10 PM

I just got my mom a visla pup. I told her she needs to hurry up pheasant seasons in 8 short months
Posted By: cbump

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 03:19 PM

Nice pup.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 04:49 PM

Finally someone who takes worse pictures than me! Congrats on the new pup. I am a fan of the versatile breeds. Good luck with your training.

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 05:11 PM

Finally that guy's quiet time. Enlisted outside help to assist with pictures. Hope these work. One thing I didn't think about is I take blood thinners. May have to get a transfusion. Here's the count on those needle sharp teeth. Left hand: 7 puncture wounds Right hand: Only 2 Left foot and ankle: 4 Right foot and ankle: He must not have found it yet. I definitely forgot about those needle sharp puppy teeth. If these look ok, Just remember I didn't take them so I'll keep the title of worst picture taker. It seems as if I have earned it.

Attached picture Rocky1.jpg
Attached picture Rocky II.jpg

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 05:31 PM

Great looking pup! cheers
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 07:06 PM

Yes sir that is a great looking pup!
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 07:13 PM

If you have not yet named him: “Handsome Jack”
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/06/21 09:28 PM

Keep him away from little children.................not. bolt
Posted By: Mr. Jeem

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/07/21 06:26 PM

Beautiful pup. Look forward to seeing more pics as he ages.
Posted By: goosebuster

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/07/21 09:00 PM

My wife has a pet sitting and dog walking business. One of her clients in the past had a Vizsla named Penny. She was always a smart and cool dog. Nice pup, enjoy.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/07/21 11:22 PM

good looking pup
Posted By: RayB

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/08/21 02:01 PM

I love those red dogs.

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/08/21 10:06 PM

Thanks again for all the kind comments. Been busy with this guy. Went through a biting chewing issue that I believe I have at least fixed for now. Sitting there holding him and noticed they didn’t get one of his dewclaws very well. Visit with vet. Decision to be made by to neuter or not when he gets older. If so maybe take that dew claw while he’s under, etc. lots of dogs in past. Never ran into this before. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Yard training going well. He’s a smart pup.
Posted By: RayB

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/11/21 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Keep him away from little children.................not. bolt

My Rocky dog would body slam my youngest at the time grandson (4YO) and dance on top of him. Never figured out why and took a while to break him of the habit. Miss that dog.
[Linked Image]

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/11/21 09:07 PM

Beautiful Vizsla. This pup is cute but I look forward to the day he looks like yours. Funny how Vizslas like body contact. I’ve at least gotten him away from chewing on my hand.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: New Vizsla Pup - 04/13/21 12:55 PM

Pretty pup! Congrats!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum