Texas Hunting Forum

Deworming Dog

Posted By: TruckMan66

Deworming Dog - 01/10/21 06:23 PM

Just curious if anyone deworms their dog on a regular basis and if so how often. What kinda of dewormer do you use?
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/10/21 07:48 PM

Safeguard, 1cc per 5lbs. Also Ivermectin, somebody on here can give a correct dosage.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/11/21 12:45 AM

Ivermec .1 CC for each 10 pounds never exceed a half of a CC.

https://bullymax.com/blog/ivermectin-for-dogs/
Posted By: rioman42

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/11/21 02:49 PM

I give all my adult dogs 1cc of non diluted Ivomec no matter the weight. i have done this for the last 25 years with no problems.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/11/21 05:20 PM

Wow that more than double what I give my dogs.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/11/21 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN
Wow that more than double what I give my dogs.

Same here. Half for me. However, roiman seems as if he knows what he's doing. The proof is in the pudding.
Posted By: rioman42

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/11/21 09:34 PM

the last three dogs ive had all lived 12-14 years.
My vet said he thought it was a little much but he said not to change since they were all healthy.
definitely not saying im right and you fellers are wrong. its works for me so i see no need to change.
Posted By: Mundo

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/11/21 11:01 PM

Ivermectin controls most worms a bird dog is likely to encounter with whipworm being the exception. Just have to watch for those.

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/12/21 01:02 AM

Pretty sure the Safeguard takes care of the whip worms. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/12/21 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Ivermec .1 CC for each 10 pounds never exceed a half of a CC.

https://bullymax.com/blog/ivermectin-for-dogs/

This is what I've done for over 30 years
Posted By: Mundo

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/12/21 05:26 PM

safeguard does work on whipworm. Orginally a goat dewormer--do they now market it for dogs?
Posted By: 16ga

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/12/21 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mundo
safeguard does work on whipworm. Orginally a goat dewormer--do they now market it for dogs?

It's still a goat wormer, at least that's what it says on the bottle I get from Tractor Supply.

Ivermectin 1% Injectable. .1 cc/ml per 10 lbs of body wt on food once per month. 1.0 total CC/ML is way too much.

Re: Deworming Dog - 01/12/21 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mundo

Don’t think so, but I’ve been using it for 20 years.
Posted By: Pointer

Re: Deworming Dog - 03/22/21 04:40 PM

Speaking of too much ivermectin, I squirted 1/2 a cc of injectable ivermectin per DAY in a pointer's mouth for at least six months when he was diagnosed with red mange. He got over it.
My point being, it is extremely safe for dogs except for the shepherd and collie types.

Re: Deworming Dog - 03/22/21 08:02 PM

My vet wouldn’t give me the dosage for red mange, said it was too hard to measure. bang
But did prescribe Bravecto, which is a once every twelve week dosage and it works. But it’s expensive, $50 per dosage.
Posted By: John2

Re: Deworming Dog - 03/22/21 09:05 PM

Just give your dogs about 1" plug of cotton bowl twist tobacco and that will get rid of all those worms plus you can chew the rest. up

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Deworming Dog - 04/06/21 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by John2
Just give your dogs about 1" plug of cotton bowl twist tobacco and that will get rid of all those worms plus you can chew the rest. up

[Linked Image]

This made me laugh out loud, it will look just about the same when it hits the ground.

Re: Deworming Dog - 04/07/21 02:07 AM

That looks like something I scooped up out of my yard today.
Posted By: kindall

Re: Deworming Dog - 04/07/21 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
My vet wouldn’t give me the dosage for red mange, said it was too hard to measure. bang
But did prescribe Bravecto, which is a once every twelve week dosage and it works. But it’s expensive, $50 per dosage.

Bravecto, Credelio, Revolution, or NexGard all get rid of mange.

Most of the time, one dose of Bravecto kills the mites.
The others may take more doses.
I've had a lot of foster dogs treated for mange.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum