Texas Hunting Forum

Rex Specs?

Posted By: Noojen

Rex Specs? - 08/18/20 03:52 PM

Doing some research on Rex Specs for my GSP to avoid eye injuries while hunting through brush/thickets...has anyone used them or what do you do for your dogs during a hunt to avoid eye injuries?
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Rex Specs? - 08/18/20 04:03 PM

I’m going to order some pink ones. roflmao

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Rex Specs? - 08/18/20 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by scalebuster
I’m going to order some pink ones. roflmao

[Linked Image]

Jamie bought Coco some pink Doggles, they are worthless, as soon as she shakes her head they are gone. roflmao
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Rex Specs? - 08/18/20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Noojen
Doing some research on Rex Specs for my GSP to avoid eye injuries while hunting through brush/thickets...has anyone used them or what do you do for your dogs during a hunt to avoid eye injuries?

A little early for April fools jokes.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Rex Specs? - 08/18/20 08:24 PM

Pass.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Rex Specs? - 08/18/20 10:00 PM

I want some of those for myself! Can you get them anywhere or just "as seen on TV"?
Posted By: Mundo

Re: Rex Specs? - 08/18/20 11:24 PM

I've used doggles for a dog in an airboat-- much cheaper. I doubt you can get a dog to wear them hunting. Keeping on the ear protection was more problematic. She wore muffs upside down. The dog loved the airboat and wouldn't mess with the goggles.
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: Rex Specs? - 08/19/20 02:56 PM

We have a set for each of our 2 labs. We purchased clear ones for Sandhill Crane hunts we're hoping to schedule. Our labs wore them at home and in training for a week. They didn't have any problems adjusting.

We ran triple marks and blinds in training.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Rex Specs? - 08/19/20 03:19 PM

I know several dog owners that use them. Hunting cranes or running through stubble I would consider it a must. All seem to like the product and its function.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum