Posted By: colt45-90

list of NO NO's - 07/23/20 05:19 PM

[Linked Image] I know that some dogs eat some of this, is general rule
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: list of NO NO's - 07/23/20 05:21 PM

I think the bone thing is not to feed some bones that could cause prolems
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: list of NO NO's - 07/25/20 04:54 PM

My Vizsla Blaze has ate 100s of pears. She used to have a symbiotic relationship with the squirrels in my pear trees. She would sit under the tree all day watching the squirrels waiting for them to drop her a pear. She would eat several a day. I know the seeds are supposed to have cyanide in them, but most of those pears are long gone from the squirrels before they ever get seeds and the squirrels eat most of the seeds out of the mature ones before they are dropped so I never worried about her eating them. They never made her sick or bothered her and she is still kicking about to turn 16. I am pretty sure fresh peaches and pears are actually good for your dog in moderation as long as the pit or seeds are not included.
Posted By: slow944

Re: list of NO NO's - 07/26/20 02:41 AM

Our son's dog ate half a box of thin mints, Vet said there wasn't enough chocolate in the whole box to harm a dog. I've always given my dog's a small amount of beer.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: list of NO NO's - 07/26/20 01:45 PM

My dogs have broken everyone plus a sock over the years.
Posted By: kindall

Re: list of NO NO's - 07/26/20 04:30 PM

Some of the foods listed depend on the amount.
Some mushrooms are poisonous, others are not. The same can be said about nuts.
Not all dairy is bad. My dogs have eaten plenty of cottage cheese, and greek yogurt.
Posted By: TLew

Re: list of NO NO's - 07/29/20 02:34 AM

My dog eats most of that stuff when he plays vacuum for my kids at the dinner table.
Posted By: MS1454

Re: list of NO NO's - 07/29/20 05:44 PM

Socks hahaha. Mine would eat them and they would come out 1 end or the other in the yard.
Posted By: fredgus

Re: list of NO NO's - 08/06/20 07:07 PM

my vizsla loves to lick the left over paper plates she eats about half the jucy ones they make interesting yard art
Posted By: WatersFowler

Re: list of NO NO's - 08/07/20 01:23 PM

Keep the socks away from them if at all possible. I had a lab that would eat socks and we would find them in the yard after his bathroom trips. One day he acted like his gut hurt and by the next day he was in bad shape. I had to carry him to the 24 hour vet hospital and had 12" of his intestine removed and a $6500 bill. Fortunately pet insurance covered about $5000 of that bill, but two years later he found a pool noodle (i don't even have a pool) and shredded it and ate half of it. Vet couldn't help because he was already missing so much intestine. Died on the operating table.
Posted By: VigoPark

Re: list of NO NO's - 10/08/20 11:10 PM

One of my nephew's Chesapeake Bay Retrievers ate a pair of his wife's panty hose. The exit strategy on that one was hilarious. He was out of town and she called me. Imagine if you will, 100 lb retriever running around the house with a leg of her pantyhose and about a 10 in turd flopping around. Trip to the vet and an insurance claim later, She doesn't drop her pantyhose on the floor no more..
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: list of NO NO's - 10/09/20 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by VigoPark
One of my nephew's Chesapeake Bay Retrievers ate a pair of his wife's panty hose. The exit strategy on that one was hilarious. He was out of town and she called me. Imagine if you will, 100 lb retriever running around the house with a leg of her pantyhose and about a 10 in turd flopping around. Trip to the vet and an insurance claim later, She doesn't drop her pantyhose on the floor no more..

Something similar happened to my first pointer. It was back in the day when women wore stockings. She started taking a dump and about six inches of what looked like her lower intestine started coming our.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: list of NO NO's - 10/09/20 01:06 AM

Lost is a good rule of thumb..

But obviously some of those very dependent on the dog and amount ingested.

Raw bones are typically fine and actually healthy but cook bones can be dangerous
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: list of NO NO's - 10/13/20 11:56 PM

My dog will die of sadness if i don't give up a little bit of the last of a piece of cheese I'm eating. He loves cheese, I think more than anything. Even American, but cheddar seems to be his favorite. The dog's got focus and drool when I'm eating cheese.
Posted By: Kevin_M

Re: list of NO NO's - 10/15/20 06:01 PM

Milk chocolate is not super dangerous to dog. Baking chocolate is a different story. Doesn't take much baking chocolate to cause some pretty serious damage..The milk/dairy thing is listed because its high in fat as well as most don't know if their dog is lactose intolerant. You'll find out pretty quick if that's the case though. He'll be spray painting your house if he is.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum