Texas Hunting Forum

Shelter in place...tell that to my Brittany.

Posted By: nak

Shelter in place...tell that to my Brittany. - 03/24/20 03:51 AM

Supposedly outdoor activity is still OK, if you maintain distance to others. I can work from home, but I hope they don't lock down outdoor activity!

I live in a subdivision house with a 15 X 30 back yard...my dog cannot even get up to speed back there. If I don't take him to the park or grasslands to run at least every other day, he'd tear the house up. confused2
Posted By: mickeyhft

Re: Shelter in place...tell that to my Brittany. - 03/24/20 12:44 PM

Ha, no kidding! Same here with two brits under a year an a small subdivision yard. We've been doing lots of long walks, but not enough, can't wear down the 8 month old. We've gone through ALOT of rawhide chews and old towels to keep them entertained, especially with all of this rain.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Shelter in place...tell that to my Brittany. - 03/24/20 09:24 PM

Muffin has to make a little loop each day.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nak

Re: Shelter in place...tell that to my Brittany. - 03/24/20 11:15 PM

Mine needs about 5 miles of running to calm down for a couple of days. Tired takes 8+ Miles

The problems begin when weather warms up (we are on the edge now). He’ll get too hot after only a couple of miles, but as soon as he cools off, re is rating to go again.
Posted By: mickeyhft

Re: Shelter in place...tell that to my Brittany. - 03/25/20 12:28 PM

Squat jumps really gets my brit tired, for a while anyway. That's just me holding an old towel above my head, while I listen to a good upland hunting podcast or an Elmer Kelton book, and Cap jumps and jumps and jumps trying to grab it. Man will it get him huffing. Of course, he's back for more pretty soon. And I have to say, I must really be getting old and or out of shape, holding my own arm up for a while really wears me out too.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Shelter in place...tell that to my Brittany. - 03/25/20 04:18 PM

I'm gouging to just leave this right here.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum