Texas Hunting Forum

Snake Avoidance Classes?

Posted By: WatersFowler

Snake Avoidance Classes? - 01/26/20 05:07 PM

Anyone know of any snake avoidance classes planned for 2020? I just got on a deer lease in snake country and need to get the pup trained. Thanks.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Snake Avoidance Classes? - 01/26/20 10:38 PM

March 28th our club is having one in San Angelo

$40 a dog
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Snake Avoidance Classes? - 01/27/20 01:43 AM

Check with Wal1809 https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/1657

This is his website http://www.snakebreaker.com/
Posted By: kdub

Re: Snake Avoidance Classes? - 02/11/20 06:07 PM

Go with snakebreaker. He is usually in North Tx in August. I went with him with my first dog. This past year I took my Chessie to another trainer first because it was a little cheaper, and I ended up going to Wayne anyways afterwards. I didn't feel like the other clinic actually trained my dog, oit just really reinforced heel.. LOL Wayne does a great job and will take the time to make sure your dog is making the association with the snakes sight sound and smell.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Snake Avoidance Classes? - 02/13/20 01:00 AM

I'll second Wayne. He's trained three of my dogs, one of which came with no small chance of danger to himself, due to some aggression. The dog was a rescue and has some... issues that we're still trying to work through. Meanwhile, he goes out to the lease with me regularly, and I really wanted him to have the training. Wayne was willing to take a chance on him that very few people would have, not knowing how he would react. And, being a 90 pound GSD, we aren't talking about a nip to the ankle. LOL.

Everything went well, I'm confident in his training, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Snake Avoidance Classes? - 02/26/20 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by kdub
Go with snakebreaker. He is usually in North Tx in August. I went with him with my first dog. This past year I took my Chessie to another trainer first because it was a little cheaper, and I ended up going to Wayne anyways afterwards. I didn't feel like the other clinic actually trained my dog, oit just really reinforced heel.. LOL Wayne does a great job and will take the time to make sure your dog is making the association with the snakes sight sound and smell.

He sure does. My dog is cautious of some sticks, now!

In all seriousness, Wayne does a great job.
Posted By: Tony_EndeavorKennels

Re: Snake Avoidance Classes? - 02/27/20 03:06 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Every year last Saturday in July. $55 per dog.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Snake Avoidance Classes? - 05/21/20 02:14 PM

I really thank you gentlemen for the compliments. my website clinic dates will be up to date in a few days.

Re: Snake Avoidance Classes? - 06/19/20 08:40 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Snake Avoidance Classes? - 06/26/20 11:03 AM

Kay Winters in Austin area

512 263 2416

Re: Snake Avoidance Classes? - 06/28/20 03:45 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]