Texas Hunting Forum

Dog tag reminder

Posted By: stinkbelly

Dog tag reminder - 05/20/19 12:35 PM

This is just a friendly reminder to have a tag on your dog with a phone number.

This weekend in the awful storms one of my dogs took off. I noticed he was gone within about 10 minutes of him running off. As I was looking for him on my atv through our land I got a call from someone a mile away. He found my dog. It was a quick recovery.

Yesterday while my son was feeding his goats a dog wandered onto our land. We spent 3 hours driving the neighborhoods, calling people, posting online, going to the local vet looking for the owner because he didn't have a tag with a phone number. We luckily found the owner later in the day.

As a side note, makes sure there are 2 phone numbers on the tag. Mine has two and my son wasn't answering the phone on the first number. Luckily the second was my cell number.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Dog tag reminder - 05/20/19 12:48 PM

Tag and riveted I.D. tag on collar too.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Dog tag reminder - 05/20/19 01:20 PM

Saved me a couple of times.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Dog tag reminder - 05/20/19 02:07 PM

My dogs all wear a collar with a riveted ID tag with my info
Posted By: fishingpunk

Re: Dog tag reminder - 05/20/19 02:32 PM

Here is another tip. Don't put your dog's name on the tag. Some people have been known to keep a stray bird dog and its real easy to keep working them when they have their names.
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Dog tag reminder - 05/20/19 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by fishingpunk
Here is another tip. Don't put your dog's name on the tag. Some people have been known to keep a stray bird dog and its real easy to keep working them when they have their names.

My hunting dogs say "Donkey Kong" and "Elmo".
Posted By: Judd

Re: Dog tag reminder - 05/20/19 05:02 PM

I have a riveted tag on both my dogs. The hunting dog's says Reward if Found and my contact info on it. She's got out twice in ten years...both times cost me a gift card at local nice food place, worth every penny!
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Dog tag reminder - 05/20/19 05:21 PM

I start mine young. Take a peek.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum