Texas Hunting Forum

Sad Day

Posted By: tigger

Sad Day - 02/25/19 08:52 PM

I live on a farm and have kennels for my dogs. However, I normally turn one loose each day and allow them to run free. They normally stay close to home and don't roam. Last Monday I let one loose and then headed to Temple to see my sick son. When I got home about 3 in afternoon the dog was not at the house. I listened for a few minutes and could hear a dog baying about 300 yards from the house. I went to check on him but the brush was to thick to get to easily. I whistled a few times and he would not leave what he was baying. Because of where it was I figured he had found a coon and was trying to get it out of a brush pile. I figured he would be home in a littile bit. The next morning he was no where to be seen. Found him yesterday dead in the creek and cut up by apparently a hog. He died withing 50 yards of the house trying to get home and in a straight line to where I had heard the dog baying. Very sad and will miss him greatly but he was enjoying his freedom. If I had it to do over would I do it differently. I just wish I would have had a chance to hog break him. I only let them out one at a time because they do not rome when they are loose one at a time.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Sad Day - 02/25/19 09:18 PM

frown sorry for your loss - I know that hurts
Posted By: blanked

Re: Sad Day - 02/25/19 11:51 PM

??
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Sad Day - 02/26/19 12:37 AM

Sorry to hear. A sad day indeed. A feral hog can be a cruel teacher.....The more bottom a dog has the more susceptible they are.
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: Sad Day - 02/26/19 12:49 AM

Very sorry. I know the pain. No one of us can anticipate all the potential risks. I've lost 2 in the last 5 years and the pain is unbearable, I would do anything to have them back
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Sad Day - 02/26/19 01:18 AM

Well dangit! Sorry for your loss tigger.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Sad Day - 02/26/19 02:22 AM

angel
Posted By: texfork

Re: Sad Day - 02/27/19 10:42 AM

Very sorry for your loss .
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Sad Day - 02/27/19 07:58 PM

Sorry sir. That's terrible.
Posted By: nak

Re: Sad Day - 02/28/19 03:50 AM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. This one sounds tougher than most.
Posted By: kindall

Re: Sad Day - 03/06/19 07:57 PM

So very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Sad Day - 03/10/19 02:09 AM

Hate to hear that Sir. That sucks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum