Texas Hunting Forum

French Brittney

Posted By: huntwest

French Brittney - 09/14/18 08:25 PM

I am looking for a french brittney pup if someone knows about any. I want one with hunting parents.
I really like the small size of these dogs.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: French Brittney - 09/14/18 08:51 PM

Call RL Dalrymple at 580-223-8782, in Ardmore Oklahoma @ Rolling Red Prairie Kennels. He runs nothing but French born parents, and always has several breeding pairs. A strong proponent of the French Brittany Association's TAN test too. His brood dogs are hunted over every winter. Mr Dalrymple always has a waiting list too.

We lost our French Brit last month after almost 13 years of the best most dependable friend I ever had in all the field dogs we've owned in 50 years of marriage. At our age of 74 we'd planned on finding another older French Brit thru the FB Assc that needed to be re-homed rather than have a puppy outlive us, something we've never thought of doing before with any other breed we've owned.

However an extended family member approached us at my BinL's funeral reception in Katy 3 weeks ago and said we need to you take our 16 month old Black Lab when your girl passes, as you know my husband has had a stroke and is not walking the dog like he promised as part of his own recovery and I do not want to take the Lab to the pound since I cannot take care of him and my husband at the same time. The following week we met the lady in Huntsville and picked the Lab up...he is well bred & house broken, but has had no field training at all and is a very sweet gentle dog too that has fit in with our old house cat too...they are taking naps together...I guess that happens when you are raised with barn cats in the kennel. Good Luck
Ron
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: French Brittney - 09/14/18 09:35 PM

http://french-brittany.com/pedigree.htm
Bill and Kathy Dillon breed some nice dogs. I made a trip up there 3 years ago to pick up Kate. There’s a waiting list and it took me 8 months to get a pup. It was worth the wait. She’s one of the finest bird dogs I’ve ever owned. Easy to train and a natural. She stands out with any dogs she’s run with. I’ll breed her next time she comes in after bird season.

Barry Godwin over in Lipan also has some really nice French dogs, but I’m not sure if he’s going to have a litter this year. I think one of his frenchies won the region in NSTRA this year.

A buddy of mine and old dog man told me there was a breeder in Snyder that sold some pups to a freind of his and they turned out to be good dogs. I’m not sure who the breeder is but it shouldn’t be hard to find out.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: French Brittney - 09/14/18 10:18 PM

Thanks for the info guys!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum