Texas Hunting Forum

NARC

Posted By: Leonardo

NARC - 06/22/18 06:33 PM

A little late but wanted to shed light on the fact that we have a member who is putting together a pretty good run at the National Amateur. One of the largest events of the sport. I can't remember what name Robby post under here but you can follow at theretrievernews.com and click on the 2018 NARC blog. Robby and Mickey are number 16.

96 dogs started the week and there were 19 competing in the 9th series today. Personally I had three dogs I was rooting for; Foxx, Tucker and Mickey. Foxx went out early and unfortunately Mickey and Tucker both handled here in the 9th series. Hopefully they will get a chance to compete in the 10th even though winning is probably out of the question, being a finalist is one heck of an accomplishment.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: NARC - 06/22/18 07:25 PM

I've been keeping up with it.

Have you seen the drone footage of the series 4,6,7 blinds? One heck of a blind running test dog!

https://2018narc.blogspot.com/2018/06/fourth-series-videos-ground-view-and.html?m=1

Re: NARC - 06/22/18 07:37 PM

Series 8 quad

Drone footage

https://2018narc.blogspot.com/2018/06/series-8-video-drone-video.html?m=1

Re: NARC - 06/22/18 07:43 PM

Mickey and Tucker out....

I was going for Mickey because a buddy of mine just bred to him not long ago.

I also was pulling for Chupa.

Other than that I kind of just want a dog besides a black male to win...lol

So now I'm pulling for "Buster"

Re: NARC - 06/22/18 07:51 PM

I have been following close. Test dog has been great on the blinds. I was hoping for Mickey as I just got a pup from his littermate bred to FC Rock River Benjamin. Was pulling for Tucker as I know the guy who trained and sold him to Alex as a 14 month old.

With all of them being out, I will continue to watch but don't necessarily have a rooting interest.

Re: NARC - 06/22/18 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Leonardo
I have been following close. Test dog has been great on the blinds. I was hoping for Mickey as I just got a pup from his littermate bred to FC Rock River Benjamin. Was pulling for Tucker as I know the guy who trained and sold him to Alex as a 14 month old.

With all of them being out, I will continue to watch but don't necessarily have a rooting interest.

There's this other dog named Hudson that I wasn't really familiar with but read he's now gone 40 straight series in National competition without a handle...pretty darn impressive

Re: NARC - 06/22/18 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
Originally Posted By: Leonardo

There's this other dog named Hudson that I wasn't really familiar with but read he's now gone 40 straight series in National competition without a handle...pretty darn impressive

I saw that too. Impressive for sure.
Posted By: daveindenton

Re: NARC - 06/25/18 05:04 PM

I followed the blog and was rooting for the same dogs. I hadn't watched that drone video of the 4th series water blind. That is unreal.

Huge congrats to Robby and Mickey for a great showing.
Posted By: Birdhunter61

Re: NARC - 06/28/18 02:26 AM

Thanks guys, Mickey ran a great trial. He missed one bird in the 9th and they droppedal him. When you handle in the later series, they usually drop you. This was one of the best judged nationals I've been to. The blinds were hard, and they actually dropped the dogs who failed them.
Robby
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum