Texas Hunting Forum

Pile Work with Rally Day 2

Posted By: BradyBuck

Pile Work with Rally Day 2 - 06/08/18 03:45 PM

This is this morning's session on force to pile.

I forced a couple times. You can identity times when I force by when I give another "back" command in route. Sequence is "back" nick on collar "back".

I sent several times from a remote sit position.

She turned wrong once but I didn't view it as a real issue since she doesn't do that often and I didn't want to stop momentum.

The biggest thing I saw today that I need to address is some little escape behaviors. Eating grass and laying down.

We will continue to work through it. Overall I'm very happy with her.

Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Pile Work with Rally Day 2 - 06/09/18 12:06 AM

She is just hungry. Attention span is short it seems. You are doing fine. I bet she had a little upset stomach today eating grass like that. All dogs have good days and not as good days. Keep on doing what you are doing. She is very impressive for her age.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Pile Work with Rally Day 2 - 06/09/18 01:31 PM

Well day 3 didn't go as planned...a minute or two into it I noticed she was acting like she had a sticker but it wasn't a sticker. She had gotten into ants...so our session was cut short and wasn't very good film. Day 4 will be Tuesday.

I got some good critique/feedback via PM that I feel will help us as we move forward. Tightening up line manners (hers and mine), cleaning up heel position, forcing closer to myself, how to dealing with auto-casting and those escape behaviors I mentioned.
Posted By: Birdhunter61

Re: Pile Work with Rally Day 2 - 06/09/18 01:56 PM

You are correct on the avoidance issues. Putting some pressure on sit should fix the grass eating. Fixing the other- laying down, or hunching down is different and cannot be fixed with pressure.

Good luck
Robby
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum