Texas Hunting Forum

Head Tremors

Posted By: shea.mcphail

Head Tremors - 06/03/18 08:27 PM

So our Australian Shepherd is having a rough go. I think we’ve about rid her and the house of fleas, but she’s still itching a lot. We’ve had her wear a cone for multiple days to keep her from biting herself and rubbing her nose on the carpet. She has a cut above her nose that starts to bleed when she rubs it on the carpet.

Today I noticed she was shaking her head involuntarily for a few minutes. I took the cone off and it continued for a few minutes. Really freaked me and the wife out. She wasn’t convulsing or anything. She acted totally fine during the episode. I have a vet appointment set up for after work tomorrow for her itching, so I’ll mention the tremor as well. I feel really bad for her. She’s had a tough go of things since my wife and I had our first baby five months ago. She use to be the center of our world and now she just watches us with the baby and looks depressed.
Posted By: Exbellicus

Re: Head Tremors - 06/03/18 08:47 PM

Just throwing out a guess, but ear infection?
Posted By: shea.mcphail

Re: Head Tremors - 06/03/18 09:19 PM

Would an ear infection cause involuntary head shakes? It almost seemed like she was shivering from the neck up. I really don’t know. She hasn’t done it since.
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Head Tremors - 06/04/18 02:03 PM

Go get her checked for ear infection or ear mites.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum