Texas Hunting Forum

Lab stud suggestions

Posted By: assassinator

Lab stud suggestions - 05/25/18 04:00 PM

I am wanting to breed my girl. Does anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced Labrador stud. I am in Fort Worth.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Lab stud suggestions - 05/25/18 04:22 PM

There are a lot of options around and near by. Does your girl have health clearances, titles, color factored, ect....

Most will require clearances on hips, elbows, and eyes. Then you need to know whether she is a carrier or clear for at minimum Exercise Induced Collapse(EIC) and Centronuclear myopathy CNM.

What do you hope to accomplish by the breeding? Many times the stud fee is equivalent to the cost of a puppy or they may take a puppy in return.

Re: Lab stud suggestions - 05/26/18 08:03 PM

one of the reasons for doing this is my wife wants a baby, I said no you can have a puppy rofl

She is yellow from a black mom. Her pedigree has some titles but it's not full of field champions, she is mainly a pet and does not have any titles, but is probably at a Senior Hunter level, trained by myself, good at marking birds and a great nose, has been taught to Blood Trail. I haven't had any clearances done, vet always says she looks great.

We know two people that have littermates, a brother and a sister, who are also very happy with their dogs, and we have friends that have asked me for puppies.

Re: Lab stud suggestions - 05/26/18 08:12 PM

photo bucket
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Lab stud suggestions - 05/26/18 08:48 PM

If you are looking for a good stud who is advertised or accomplished with titles then you will need to do all the necessary health checks.

EIC, CNM, PRA, Hips, elbows.

Otherwise you'll just need to find a buddy or someone else wanting a puppy.

In my opinion there are a lot of good breedings out there with titled parents and all health certs.

I think the responsible thing to do is to get your health checks done and then look for a stud.
Posted By: USscott

Re: Lab stud suggestions - 05/27/18 10:28 AM

If your female has all her clearances..... you have two NFC studs within an hour of Ft.Worth.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum