Texas Hunting Forum

8 week old Airedale Male

Posted By: Black Horse

8 week old Airedale Male - 03/14/18 12:08 AM

I’m headed to Oklahoma tomorrow to pick up a new male Airedale pup. 8 weeks old and ready to go. Real good field pedigree and heritage is of large dogs. I’m real excited. We retired to the lake 40 days ago and training this new pup is going to be a lot of fun! Wish me luck.
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 03/14/18 01:01 AM

good luck sir
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 03/14/18 01:08 AM

Sounds like fun.
Posted By: RayB

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 03/14/18 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Sounds like fun.

So Bill when are you going to give in and get another pup? Don't hand me that I'm too old B.S.

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 03/15/18 02:17 AM

Got home w new pup. He’s exhausted from stress and travel. Bathed him and fed/watered and he is really sleeping hard. Gonna be interesting when he awakes later in a kennel! Looking forward to this challenge.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 03/15/18 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Black Horse
I’m headed to Oklahoma tomorrow to pick up a new male Airedale pup. 8 weeks old and ready to go. Real good field pedigree and heritage is of large dogs. I’m real excited. We retired to the lake 40 days ago and training this new pup is going to be a lot of fun! Wish me luck.

What are you going to train him to do?

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 03/16/18 03:13 AM

I’ve been doing a bit of research on tracking that seems very interesting to me and right in an airedale’s talent. Also, that would allow me a good deal of woods time to spend with him. Used to hog hunt quite a bit but really don’t have much time for that any longer. The female I had many years ago loved to hunt. Used to have quite a few coveys near Breckinridge. ‘Dales have a weaker point than hardcore pointers do but they will. They loved my kids and now it’s my grandkids turn with them.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 03/16/18 08:59 PM

Really cool breed
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/01/18 02:55 PM

raised a couple of litters, they are great dogs, known to used for lion (cougar) hunts, cow dogs, HARD HEADED, lots of energy, like to dig

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/02/18 10:26 PM

Yes!! This is our second one. First was female. This male is hheaded too, but is real smart already. Sure are enjoying the challenge.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/09/18 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Black Horse
Yes!! This is our second one. First was female. This male is hheaded too, but is real smart already. Sure are enjoying the challenge.
to smart for their own good. love to be with you all the time.

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/10/18 12:27 AM

Absodamnlutely!! He loves my wife. He’s with her every step of the way and is always herding her! 12 weeks old and weighed 28 lbs today at the vet.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/11/18 01:35 AM

A photo of him would be nice.
Posted By: Exbellicus

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/11/18 05:34 AM

worthless

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/12/18 02:27 AM

I’ll get some fresh ones Thursday.

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/12/18 05:15 PM

I ant get photo bucket to load correctly. I have pics I can send to someone more savvy than I for posting.
Thanks.
Posted By: RayB

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/12/18 05:43 PM

Try using www.jpgbox.com
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/13/18 03:09 PM

New a game warden that kept Airedales. Great dogs. Lets see that pic!

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/13/18 07:26 PM

Fighting w software for uploading!

Re: 8 week old Airedale Male - 04/13/18 07:51 PM

I presume problem may be I only use iPad nowadays. Just no joy in adding pics. Sorry.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum