Texas Hunting Forum

Shedding lab

Posted By: duckhunter55

Shedding lab - 01/12/18 11:17 PM

I need some help. I got a hair dropping machine. I’ve tried oil pills,yeast and Dino vite(she won’t touch it). Anyone have a miracle solution?
Thanks
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Shedding lab - 01/13/18 12:39 AM

It's a badge of honor for me.
Posted By: Exbellicus

Re: Shedding lab - 01/13/18 01:00 AM

You can get an impressive amount of hair out with one of those furminator brushes. They can be had for $15 on Amazon. Spending 5 minutes a day brushing goes a long way.

Re: Shedding lab - 01/13/18 01:14 AM

Got one of those things. It helps but this lab sheds more than any of my other 4 labs. I’m feeding Pro Plan food. Early on I tried several other foods( Blue, Victor) but she wouldn’t eat those.
Posted By: 1tonbambam

Re: Shedding lab - 01/13/18 05:14 PM

Seconds on the furminator, I brush my lab while he is eating, he doesn't mind it and it only takes a minute or two twice a day....
He and the house look great!
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Shedding lab - 01/13/18 06:28 PM

Besides the abnormal amount of shedding does the coat seem healthy?

Re: Shedding lab - 01/13/18 07:51 PM

Her coat looks great.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Shedding lab - 01/14/18 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: duckhunter55
Her coat looks great.

If she's healthy and her coat is healthy I'm not sure what you can do besides lots of brushing with the furminator or taking to a groomer once a month or so for furminatiing.
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Shedding lab - 01/15/18 04:41 AM

They make some de-shedding shampoos. My luck has been 50/50 with them helping. Sometimes they do other times hey don’t
Posted By: Duck Buster

Re: Shedding lab - 01/16/18 05:44 PM

I use the vacuum hose extension on my lab. It doesn't really work, but it makes me feel better after vacuuming up a small child amount of hair every other day, and he doesn't seem to mind it.

labs shed- not much you can do about it. Furminators, shampoos, diet. They'll help a little, but not in the grand scheme of things.

Good luck, I've gotta go vacuum my dog now....
Posted By: _Lee

Re: Shedding lab - 01/17/18 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: 1tonbambam
Seconds on the furminator, I brush my lab while he is eating, he doesn't mind it and it only takes a minute or two twice a day....
He and the house look great!

Your house isn’t full of hair?

Re: Shedding lab - 01/22/18 02:14 PM

I've started brushing her 3 times a day instead of once a day. That has helped a lot.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum