Texas Hunting Forum

Who's Ready To Kill Some Bird Tomorrow?

Posted By: scalebuster

Who's Ready To Kill Some Bird Tomorrow? - 10/27/17 05:30 PM

I'm going. Who else will be following dogs in the morning?
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Who's Ready To Kill Some Bird Tomorrow? - 10/27/17 06:54 PM

Good luck! Couple more weeks for me.
Posted By: Charlie Tuna

Re: Who's Ready To Kill Some Bird Tomorrow? - 10/27/17 07:18 PM

I will be out there for first time in a long time. Hope the birds show themselves!
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Who's Ready To Kill Some Bird Tomorrow? - 10/28/17 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: scalebuster
I'm going. Who else will be following dogs in the morning?

Let's hear a report! I heard Lucy did pretty good this morning. How many coveys did yall find?
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Who's Ready To Kill Some Bird Tomorrow? - 10/28/17 09:32 PM

Update???
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Who's Ready To Kill Some Bird Tomorrow? - 10/29/17 02:51 AM

I'm a little concerned. We only found 4 coveys today and they were small. 10-12 birds .

I had my oldest boy with me today that said he wanted to kill his first deer (9yrs). We sat in the stand this morning and the only deer we saw were young. We ran the dogs for a few hours and shot some quail and got ready for the evening hunt. An old 8pt walked up 40 yards from us and he kept aiming at him for 20 minutes and didn't shoot. I kept telling him to put it in the center of his neck and kill him but he never shot. I think the deer was so old he was deaf. When he started walking off I whistled many times and he never turned an ear. I asked my boy what the hell was wrong with him because hes done plenty of shooting. He told me he wanted to kill that deer and had him several times but couldn't do it.

I've always been bloodthirsty since I was 6 and killed my first. I don't understand that. I told him he didn't have to kill a deer if he didn't want to, he likes bird hunting and has always helped skin deer and likes eating them, but he doesn't want to kill one. Fine by me.

Back to the bird concernes. We had some weather down here and even the house covey that had 25 bird in it a few months ago, only had 9. Lucy did do great and held all of her birds. I was proud of her today. We did more dog training today on our pup than blasting, when we weren't deer watching.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum