Texas Hunting Forum

Is your dog a poop walker?

Posted By: Guy

Is your dog a poop walker? - 04/27/17 12:25 AM

It is starting to really get on my nerves. I mean it is ridiculous. She will walk 10 to 15 yards pooping. At the park, I have a hard time following her poop trail. Other than being extremely annoying, in a way its funny, when her right back leg goes forward with each step, its a looooong step, like it helps her get it out, like someone raising their right leg to fart. grin
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 04/27/17 01:33 AM

I've one that's been doing it for about 14 years. I call it laying land mines, you always have to watch your step
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 04/27/17 02:28 AM

Haha Never had one do that but I think I might enjoy a good laugh from it every time I saw it happen...
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 04/27/17 03:41 AM

I've had a walking pooper. My newest pup is a circle pooper. So is Buster He poops and then spins to smell it and finishes. The new girl sarts turning tight circles and finishes in one spot. Hilarious to watch!
Posted By: Chet

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 04/28/17 05:28 PM

I've had several and call them travelers. I guess they want to get away from it, not a bad idea.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 04/28/17 06:36 PM

Mine are anchored and make a pile.
Posted By: Mundo

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 04/28/17 07:39 PM

I've had travelers, ones that prefer to drop on stepping stones and the middle of a trail and some that like to hang is as high in the brush as they can. I suspect it all has to do with marking territory.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 04/29/17 01:55 PM

My dads dog does the 10-15 yard thing and its funny as hell. Ours will drop half, spin/turn 2 or 3 steps and finish.
Posted By: NewGulf

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 04/29/17 05:10 PM

you should have set a better example. grin
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 04/30/17 12:52 AM

I had a chocolate lab that poop walked. Once I walked him through Petco after he got his shots. He was putting up a bit of struggle but I was on the way to the register and didn't really pay it much attention. As I hit the register I saw that he had left bombs all along the aisle around the store. It was an awkward moment for sure.
Posted By: Fltexan

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 05/02/17 09:04 PM

We have a 6 month old toy Aussie that does this.
Our Doberman just watches her and then looks at us like, "What the hell have you brought home?".
The Aussie also thinks the Dobbie is still playing when she bares her teeth at her.....she's not!
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 05/03/17 12:18 AM

yes and she likes to walk up into peoples yards to do it while we are walking. I guess she thinks its a gift.
Posted By: RayB

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 05/03/17 12:39 PM

My GSP does it
Posted By: cbump

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 05/03/17 04:31 PM

When we're in the field or pretty much anywhere besides the backyard, mine will pee/poop at the same time. Hikes his leg to pee and lowers the back leg that is still on the ground to poop high on the same tree. It's very weird.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 05/05/17 10:00 PM

Mine travels... shes little so not far but its ANNOYING on leash
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 05/16/17 01:31 AM

Glad to know this is a 'thing'. I just thought my dog had intestinal issues or was nuts.
Posted By: Cow_doc.308

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 05/16/17 01:48 AM

Wife's toy poodle walks and poops. cracks me up every time
Posted By: Ruger1980

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 06/03/17 04:11 PM

I have one Aussie that walks a mile when pooping and the other just anchor's down like he is reading the newspaper

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 11/27/17 01:58 PM

I'm at a point now where I only take her to spots to poop where I don't have to clean it up. Walking behind her trying to pick up her poop, no way! This was this morning. This is her favorite poop place.

Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 11/27/17 05:14 PM

this is a poop walker up peep

Posted By: TruckMan66

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 11/27/17 07:49 PM

LOL
Posted By: First_Chance

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 11/27/17 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
I'm at a point now where I only take her to spots to poop where I don't have to clean it up. Walking behind her trying to pick up her poop, no way! This was this morning. This is her favorite poop place.

I CAN'T believe you posted this on YouTube... this is why owners get bit.

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 11/27/17 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass&More

Looks like roundworms

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 11/30/17 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: 68rustbucket
Originally Posted By: Bass&More

Looks like roundworms

That dog's anal glands need to be emptied (i.e. expressed). Not a poop walker, big difference. grin
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 11/30/17 08:25 PM

Is this an actual thread on how your dog poops?

hammer

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 12/01/17 12:48 AM

Yep. That’s how it goes in the gun dog forum

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 12/02/17 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by First_Chance
Originally Posted by Guy

I CAN'T believe you posted this on YouTube... this is why owners get bit.

Not as bad as you posting a pic of your dog, on the bed, spread eagle, showing his junk. SMH.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Is your dog a poop walker? - 12/05/17 01:00 PM

Dogs are a trip.

I walk them nearly every morning in our area. My Brit prefers to poop on the curb instead of the grass.
He'll get right on the curb and drop one.

Weird.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum