Texas Hunting Forum

Dog boxes for truck bed??

Posted By: daniel1381

Dog boxes for truck bed?? - 09/15/15 04:43 AM

I'm going to k-9 trading twice a week with my Belgian malinois and was wondering if anyone uses dog boxes that mount in the truck bed? If so how do you keep your dog cool on the trips and what's the longest ride you have went on with your dog?
Posted By: stinkbelly

Re: Dog boxes for truck bed?? - 09/15/15 10:56 AM

Most people use frozen water bottles and fans.

I have put mine in there a few times and I make sure the kennel has shade by putting the camper shell over it and opening the windows.

Re: Dog boxes for truck bed?? - 09/15/15 01:15 PM

have you ever used it with out the camper shell? my worries is I don't have a camper shell and it will get too hot for her. I found one box that has a hidden water tank in it and you can fill it will water and ice to help keep the boxes cool.
training is a 45 min drive not really worried so much in the mornings but when training is over its noon and a 45 min ride home.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Dog boxes for truck bed?? - 09/15/15 01:31 PM

If money isn't an issue, call up one of the big dog box makers and have them make you a double walled, insulated box with a couple of 12volt fans.

Re: Dog boxes for truck bed?? - 09/15/15 01:56 PM

good deal just places a call they will design it and get back with me

creativedogboxes.com
Posted By: MS1454

Re: Dog boxes for truck bed?? - 09/15/15 03:23 PM

45 minutes isn't much time unless it's mid afternoon and August.

There are buckets that you can attach to the inside of dog crates that you can use for water.
Posted By: Troubador

Re: Dog boxes for truck bed?? - 09/16/15 01:08 AM

insulation and a vent fan are must especially for long haired breeds in my opinion. park in shade if at all possible and hope its high enough for good air flow
Posted By: Birdhunter61

Re: Dog boxes for truck bed?? - 09/16/15 01:36 AM

Ainley and deerskin boxes are the best. Deerskin is made in Springtown, Tx. you can get them with water tanks, fans, insulation, storage. Whatever you prefer

Robby
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum