Texas Hunting Forum

Take care of your dogs

Posted By: tmaxhunter

Take care of your dogs - 09/04/15 10:55 PM

Oh man..

"A Lake County man is mourning the loss of his dog after two bear hunting hounds ran onto his property and mauled the Chihuahua to death last week.

Dennis Prieur, 62, lives on 40 acres of wooded land in Pinora Township. He started his morning as usual on Friday, Aug. 28, when his two dogs woke him up to go outside.

His pets, a 7-year-old Chihuahua named Ava and a German Shepherd lab mix named Roxie, went out into the yard near the deck. Not long after, Prieur was in the bathroom when he heard barking from outside.

Roxie was jumping at the door. Prieur couldn't hear Ava.

Outside, he spotted two bear hunting dogs wearing collars and radio controlled antennae, he said.

"Ava was already started to be ripped to pieces," said Prieur, who has a bad knee and could not run to chase the dogs.

By the time he returned from retrieving his handgun, one of the hunting dogs was carrying the Chihuahua in its mouth to the neighbor's property."

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2015/09/dog_mauling.html
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Take care of your dogs - 09/04/15 11:42 PM

Sorry for his loss. It shouldn't happen.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Take care of your dogs - 09/08/15 12:28 PM

That's a bad deal. I've had a similar thing happen with a neighbor's chessie and my sites chihuahua. Dog was a terror to the neighborhood.
Posted By: Reinke

Re: Take care of your dogs - 09/10/15 09:19 PM

Had a neighbors pit bull kill Booger my chihuahua. Neighbor killed his own dog before I got home from the vet.
Posted By: MS1454

Re: Take care of your dogs - 09/10/15 11:34 PM

Cant believe they cannot find something to charge the owner with.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum