Texas Hunting Forum

Prettiest Hound Ever???

Posted By: gary roberson

Prettiest Hound Ever??? - 08/30/15 02:27 PM

Go to Carnivoretv facebook page and you will see a bluetick male that is owned by Marisa Crowhurst, Florida. The dog, "Dooley" was bred by Franklin Williams in Illinois. I sent Franklin a bluetick female a few years ago and he liked her so much that he purchased a full sister a year later. Dooley is out of Rio, the older of the two females that is from my hounds here in Texas and a male from Jody and Whitney Bray near Ft. Smith, AK.
I fell that this may be the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen. Recently, he was the model for the illustration of the bluetick coonhound in the new Encyclopedia of Dog Breeds.
These dogs are not just show dogs, Franklin brags, "Dogs that hunt as good as they look".
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: kindall

Re: Prettiest Hound Ever??? - 08/30/15 03:01 PM

I took a look and your right. That's one pretty hound.
I uploaded the picture for you.
Posted By: JenvyBritts

Re: Prettiest Hound Ever??? - 08/30/15 05:27 PM

Wow! Stunning Bluetick! I think we need to get some in the show ring down here too! ;-)

Re: Prettiest Hound Ever??? - 08/30/15 10:30 PM

Thanks, kindall. Jill that just had the nine puppies here is a littermate to Rio who is the dam of Dooley pictured above. Jill has never seen a show ring but is my lead hound on coons, bobcats and lions. She is a beautiful hound and her pups appear to have good confirmation as well. I have heard some hunters say that they did not care what a dog looked like as long as it was a good hunter. Experience has taught me that if a dog does not have good confirmation, it cannot hold up the to rugged country and tasks that we ask them to do.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Jtmeeks

Re: Prettiest Hound Ever??? - 09/01/15 01:38 AM

garry, is minnie out of jill or lacy?

Re: Prettiest Hound Ever??? - 09/02/15 01:47 PM

Yours is out of Jill who is a littermate to the mother of this dog. How is she doing?
Adios,
Gary

Re: Prettiest Hound Ever??? - 09/04/15 01:38 AM

She is GREAT! She is a spunky little girl. She is all ready preferring outside over inside. She bays our bigger dog! Ill have to send you a video of her.

Re: Prettiest Hound Ever??? - 09/04/15 01:23 PM

Minnie is not only related to the Dooley dog that was used as the model for the entire breed in the Encyclopedia of Dog Breeds, you will be able to see her parents on TV from time to time as we hunt across the Southwest.
I thought so much of these dogs that I just purchased a full brother to Jack and Jill. I am going to pick him up tomorrow as I got worried that if something should happen to Jack, I would not have a male to keep this line going.
I am keeping two pups, a male and a female that are littermates to Minnie.
Adios,
Gary

Re: Prettiest Hound Ever??? - 09/05/15 12:42 AM

awesome!Everywere she goes she has her nose to the ground.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum